When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

202A Macro's

lanikai

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to steal another look. Lani - that watch looks fabulous. Then again how wrong can you go getting a case coated by the same folks who did the majority of the original Pre-V's, A's and B's. Wear that one well. Definitely sending a 28 and a pair of Pre-V's out that way. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

DSN is not answering my emails again.. figure on some case backs in case (haha) us trio of brotha's need them for the next batch of PreV cases.

Can't beat the genuine article fo sure.. but the PVD from the same source is what the PVD finish is all about.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

brah...we need ta go ta genki soon!...

that is absolute perfection...can't even see one misstep from gen...so stoked for ya bu and just another beauty by zig!

As soon as I get another PAV strap from Frogman.. I'm down for Genki.. as I said earlier.. the buckle that was pvd'd is going to EU to "V" he is holding a PAV hide that will be da best.. if you never tried on a V strap.. the fit is better than my MP's and usually one of a kind, since he picks up vintage hides on his travels..

some think that a strap is just leather with holes punched in.. but there is a fine art to engineering the spacing of the holes in relationship to the length of the strap.... for the perfect fit .. after the breaking in period..and V has it down!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm getting ready for the January pvd run fo sure.. B)

AC/L

brah...we need ta go ta genki soon!...

that is absolute perfection...can't even see one misstep from gen...so stoked for ya bu and just another beauty by zig!

As soon as my PAV strap from Frogman arrives should be soon.. I'm down for Genki.. as I said earlier.. the buckle that was pvd'd is going to EU to "V" he is holding a PAV hide that will be da best.. if you never tried on a V strap.. the fit is better than my MP's and usually one of a kind, since he picks up vintage hides on his travels..

some think that a strap is just leather with holes punched in.. but there is a fine art to engineering the spacing of the holes in relationship to the length of the strap.... for the perfect fit .. after the breaking in period..and V has it down!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm getting ready for the January pvd run fo sure.. B)

AC/L

DSN is not answering my emails again.. figure on some case backs in case (haha) us trio of brotha's need them for the next batch of PreV cases.

Can't beat the genuine article fo sure.. but the PVD from the same source is what the PVD finish is all about.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

damn can i join this brotherhood thing ur talking about :(.. i really need a pre-v still couldnt find one.. the guy that sent me the pics above didnt really reply yet..

but i got an offer and this is the pic i know its a bit unclear but it looks a bit good dont it?? is this the old el case lani?

27112009530.jpg

damn can i join this brotherhood thing ur talking about :(.. i really need a pre-v still couldnt find one.. the guy that sent me the pics above didnt really reply yet..

but i got an offer and this is the pic i know its a bit unclear but it looks a bit good dont it?? is this the old el case lani?

27112009530.jpg

sorry I took so long armin..

from the outline .. it does look very good.. the bezel appears to be without the bevel on top.. go for it if you already haven't..

I just cannibalized an old DSN pvd case set for the higher profile crystal.. stripped the AR and now, it's in my 202A.. ....and now it is perfect.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

L

• 2 months later...

The lugs D.. the bezel.. the blocky look or the PreV and the different shape of the CG's.. most rep cases have the dimple or bevle between the lugs.. the older versions did or had a very slight dimple.. the case that was gifted to me by my Brotha in CO. has no dimple ..

look for Arminvanburens sig in this thread and you'll see the difference..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice to see this thread resurrected. That piece is stunning and is actually the inspiration of a couple of more contemporary frankens using the coating I am hoping to debut later this month.

And as long as we are on Pre-V for those who are wondering, no the pre-v case project has not died. I am just slow as molasses. I finally found a better prototype. As we speak the bezel is being milled slightly for better accuracy and a pair of gen strap pins are being fitted. I will show a couple of pics when the proto is done in the next couple of weeks. And yes I have spoken with Ziggy about potential PVD when we are happy with the basic case. No PM's please. ;)

And as long as we are on Pre-V for those who are wondering, no the pre-v case project has not died. I am just slow as molasses. I finally found a better prototype. As we speak the bezel is being milled slightly for better accuracy and a pair of gen strap pins are being fitted. I will show a couple of pics when the proto is done in the next couple of weeks. And yes I have spoken with The Zigmeister about potential PVD when we are happy with the basic case. No PM's please. ;)

Music to my ears, W...thanks for an update! :drinks:

cheers,

b