When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue Seamaster SMP Bond

marvin376

Of course people can priorize things differently. This watch has a nice, fairly accurate dial but hour hand looks all wrong and the pearl is BEYOND horrible. Apparently they tried to make the cg's look authentic but failed miserably (imho). The insert has violet blue color which is completely off. But most of all, how could anyone live with a crown like that? That looks like cork from a wine bottle.

omega%20seamaster%20auto%20blue%20dial.jpg

These things probably wouldn't matter if it was an obscure model... but the Bond Seamaster is one of the most well known watches in the world.

Does it make sense to buy a $110 replica with Asian movement and mineral class, and with those mentioned issues... unless you're buying the case for higher HE valve (for mod base). Of course it's up to you, but I wouldn't waste my money. Yes, it's "only" $110 but you can buy lots of nice things for $110... like beer. :D That black version is total fantasy.

You can buy the old classic ETA version for what... $250? I would get that one. It has flaws, yes... but it's very nice quality rep (owned that for years). And the quality replication is just as much about "feel" as it is about flaws... any seasoned rep buyer would guess from the picture that this watch wouldn't have very authentic "feel". If it looks cheap, it will most likely "feel" cheap as well.

PS: If you want a good $100 Omega rep, get the black GMT. It's fairly accurate and nice.