When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Audemars chrono

billodavio

I am certainly in love with all of the AP models, but wonder why aren't we focusing on the beautiful AP Royal Oak Chrono (non Offshore). It is obvioulsy a more classy watch and could be eawsily replicated. The second is at 6 hence the Asian 7750 used in the rolex daytona can be used. Maybe we should lobby to have it replicated. Let me know where you stand

I am certainly in love with all of the AP models, but wonder why aren't we focusing on the beautiful AP Royal Oak Chrono (non Offshore). It is obvioulsy a more classy watch and could be eawsily replicated. The second is at 6 hence the Asian 7750 used in the rolex daytona can be used. Maybe we should lobby to have it replicated. Let me know where you stand

post-5687-125896695271_thumb.jpg

Isn't a seconds at 6 chrono rep even less reliable than the seconds at 12 versions?

I agree that version is a classier watch, but it is also quite a bit smaller I believe and the trend right now is for the bigger watches like the AP ROO.

Either way there is definitely a market for the rep if the movement issue can be resolved.

I will never buy another secs@6....

The secs@12 is also a non-reliable movement, but a watch service adds a couple of years to the movement while it hasnt done %&^t to all my daytonas.

APROO have 3 working and keeping good time

Daytonas have 5; all dead...1 works but has a 2 hr power reserve.

Seconds @ 6 have a bad reputation for good reasons.

The 7750 is basically built for sec @ 3.

Technically it is possible to shift the secs to 12 or 6.

But the ROO, Rolex Daytona and IWC Portuguese have demonstrated that the rep-factories are not quite up to the task.

So to make a succesful AP chrono the starting point has to be the movement.