When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN 240 crystal - advice needed

z3k0

So, recently I got DSN 240, and while I was really impressed with most of the watch, crystal was disappointing. Magnification is a bit weak, but worst part is AR - it is real crap, probably more pronounced by the fact that dial is tobacco. I removed it and installed crystal from cartel ultimate 229 I have. AR looks much better, but problem with cartel crystal is too much magnification (going into distortion), because DSN dial is much thicker that cartel dials, so datewheel is further away from crystal.

DSN crystal is sandwich type, cyclops is 7mm. Any suggestions what to do with it are welcome - I can strip AR and have it coated, but what to do with cyclops ? How do you remove cyclops from crystal ? Are there any aftermarket alternatives for cyclops ? Is it good idea to separate two parts of crystal before coating ?

Well, you get the point - I need some advice how to proceed, I'm sure someone already dealt with DSN auto crystals.

regards

First off, full disclosure: I would like to buy your DSN, if you do decide to just use the cartel one :)

Next, some info about the DSN sandwich dial. It is a royal pain in the [censored], nobody (well at least most experts, including Chief) will touch them. Applying AR onto them is very hard, and changing the cyclops, even harder. If you do some searching you will find a few threads about the headaches.

Let me know if you want to sell the DSN though, as mine fell apart. So I'm considering all my options, as well :D

This is an expensive option but once you factor in everything else its not massive.

Be interesting see the AR on these

Try ebay Item number:

I believe there are some bad reviews about it, do some searching on here and other forums - I may be wrong though.

But instead of spending $145 on that, why not pick up the cartel $268 104, which has a low AR sapphire, then sell off the other parts. The sapphire will probably end up costing around $60. And then you can sell me your DSN one ;)

I believe there are some bad reviews about it, do some searching on here and other forums - I may be wrong though.

But instead of spending $145 on that, why not pick up the cartel $268 104, which has a low AR sapphire, then sell off the other parts. The sapphire will probably end up costing around $60. And then you can sell me your DSN one ;)

Hmm ... so, you are saying old cartel autos have decent crystals ? How are cyclops on these ? Maybe there is even cheaper solution: LINK :whistling:

regards