When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Destros - What reps are out there for modding

PeteM

I am trying to find a destro that can be fully modded but my choices are getting limited based on answers from experts and research on here and elsewhere.

My first choices were....... PAM 123, 22, 115, 26

but from what I have been told or read the parts (non-gen) for a full mod are limited or non existent in some cases on these watches, well those available.

I know there is the 217 but I dont like this watch mainly due to the crystal and the loupe effect.

I am not looking for a Ti so that reduces my choices even further!

But can anyone tell me are there any other destro's that I havent mentioned preferably pre-V?

I have searched reference section at Paneristi and a few others such as Watchquote etc but I cannot find anything definitive to say they are not out there.

Thanks

fully modded, i can only think of the 219. which is the destro of the 111h.

good luck :)

Thanks I do like the 219 but Paneristi list it as a brown dial so I am not so sure.

Destro PAM reps are rare. Beside little hero's PAM219, you may want to consider PAM239 or ...

Build yourself one like this one PAM22

Thats a lovely watch, any chance you could give me some hints on what you did and how. :notworthy:

I like my 239:

Click the pic to read the write-up. I wouldn't say it's fully modded...but it's modded...

I tried clicking but kept going to top of the thread. I will check out your profile.

And thank you guys I thought I smelt or something!! :D:D

hey Pete!...

here's a link to a thread on my PAM 219 "Vly Tech"...pix are in the #1 post...post #12 of the thread has the component and build details...

rh2192.jpg

Specs:

1. base 112h (where it all began) - asian swan neck serviced by The ZigMeister!

2. sumperlume hands/backplate by flavr flav

3. Homer crown

4. Angus CG (CG level, crown and CG pin perfectly modded!)

5. H3 Cannon pin fix (polished and flattened)

5. double AR via Chieftang

6. LH 219 destro dial

7. strap - an old beater my friend Panera from Instanbul, Turkey sent from a previous railmaster xxl deal; re-oiled and just perfect for this watch!

8. all work and service performed by The ZigMeister!

enjoy - R

There have always been two historical challenges to a Destro build...

The CG has always been a big one. Most Destro reps had the CG lever closing the wrong way - even DSN.

Now that lathes are in the workshops of guys like Ziggy - custom CG pins possible so flipping and reshaping a nice CG to perform Destro is possible.

The second challenge is always the dial. If you can find a good Destro Sausage lumed dial you can do a 22.

As has been mentioned, Little Hero made a nice Sandwich Destro dial so you can make a 219 like the one HackR mentions above.

The 239, as Toad mentions, is a good one in a Submersible, if you can find them.

I found a nice dial a while back and made a PAM 026B (Lumi Dial) - and DSN sells the more modern re-release of the PAM 026 with the sandwich dial.

Here is mine:

pam026bonkodiakh.jpg