When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eurotimez Submariner

Stormfather

Guest techlogik

well, as i know now, the oversize case is 42mm...don't know why ET says 40mm. but, as you can read here, this version seems not to be that accurate.

but i still got a question by myselfe. as i wrote, i'm going to order the noobmariner with the gen ETA movement from ET. when it arrives (i guess not before january here in germany), how can i proof the ordered gen ETA is installed? i'm not going to say i don't trust chris, but it may happen, that someone makes a mistake, what's just human.

Just post some good quality high res pics of the movement, incabloc shock etc...when you get it and open the case...we are pretty good and figuring it out.

I had found somewhere that it was 43mm the oversize if Rolex makes it....not sure how accurate, it wasn't official Rolex info.

guys, guess who...the damn german noob is on again. i've got a little problem. i was in good contact with tom of eurotimez over the last days. on sunday i wrote him my last question, which i want to be answered. but i haven't heard of him yet. so i decided to write a email to the ET support with the same question. this was today, 3 pm german time. and, guess what, i have no answer till now. i mean, the question isn't this dramatic (it's about the rolex big box set, if the papers are for my submariner or not) but now i'm unsure. does ET has some issues? see, i might be overreacting and everything is fine, but i read the thread about the very poor dssd and now i'm very unsure about the whole thing. the conversation with tom was great, really. he answerd my emails very quick. but regarding the two points (haven't heard of them for nearly 3 days now and the very poor dssd), is it still a good idea to order by ET? please help me.....i know this might be the dumbest post ever written on this forum, but i'm a noob and so i need help of the pros here.

Please resend your mail, I don't think i've received anything.. either that or send me a pm. sorry for the delay.. As for the DSSD unfortunately our QC let this one slip, however it has been already very well taken care of. if you would still like to order that is really up to you, we want you to feel comfortable ordering from us. Either case pls resend your mail, as i'm certain we haven't received it.. thx

see, i have to apologize. it was my fault. i didn't know that tom was in vacation. he told me this morning, he send my request to you so we can finally place the order. see, i didn't want to order the dssd, i just ,made me a bit unsure. if you need any infos about who i am so you can identify the email, just let me know it.

Can someone explain what "oversize" case actually means? The normal mariner is a 40mm...does that mean it is 42-44mm?!?! Euro's page says 40mm for the oversize.

Thx

well, as i know now, the oversize case is 42mm...don't know why ET says 40mm. but, as you can read here, this version seems not to be that accurate.

but i still got a question by myselfe. as i wrote, i'm going to order the noobmariner with the gen ETA movement from ET. when it arrives (i guess not before january here in germany), how can i proof the ordered gen ETA is installed? i'm not going to say i don't trust chris, but it may happen, that someone makes a mistake, what's just human.

'Oversize case' isn't referring to larger case size. The new 'oversize cased' subs are still 40mm like the older ones, with wider lugs and CG.

Here's the dimension of YG versions 16618 and the new 116618/116619:

4154279385_74e7357723_o.jpg

My impression of the upcoming 'oversize cased' steel sub (speculated as 116610LN) is like this:

4117599514_4fc01f9ae0_o.jpg

See the difference?

The 43mm cased is actually the new DSSD:

4154279491_4b701483c3_o.jpg

guys, it took a bit longer then i thought, but finally, i placed my order at eurotimez few minutes ago. i also payed via paypal....now cross fingers that everything will went well and i'll receive my noobmariner soon. i'm so exited^^

€dit: @ seraphe: great posting. now even i could see the differences between the big case and the older ones. but, that's just my oppinion, i like the older ones better.

Edited by Stormfather

just want to give you guys a little update. i ordered the noobmariner and the big box december 3rd. payed with paypal. neo told me, that shipping the box would take 10-14 days,the watch will arrive earlier. today i received two emails, one saying, that the package is on the way. not saying which item is coming. i didn't received any pictures too. so i guess the noob is on the way and i have no idea what it looks like. i sned them a mail back, waiting now for an answer. that's no big deal at the moment, just want to share the status of my order with you. i'll keep you informed.

well, i was a bit wrong. not the sub was on the way, it was the box. today it arrived and i'm pretty suprised. to my eye it looks realy nice. the manual is for the datejust, so i have to get one for the sub, but the rest is great. now waiting on the watch...

well, i saw this website a few days ago...but afraid of buying there because for international buyers he only accepts western union payment. and the manuals seems to be in a not so good condition. but i read something about getting a gen manual direct from rolex. you just have to call them, tell 'em your manual is gone and they'll send you a new one. anyone here knows about this? don't they ask for a serial number or something?

well, i saw this website a few days ago...but afraid of buying there because for international buyers he only accepts western union payment.

This guy is authorized by Rolex to sell for them; he used to work for them. He's also one of the biggest names and suppliers on gen forums for years--has a huge watch & jewelery supply store near me, in Florida. Long story short: he's legit. More than legit.

but i read something about getting a gen manual direct from rolex. you just have to call them, tell 'em your manual is gone and they'll send you a new one. anyone here knows about this? don't they ask for a serial number or something?

That's correct; it was from my thread, here:

:)

Edited by gioarmani

it seems like fortuna isn't a big stormfather fan. received a email of helina today. first i was happy "yes..pictures", but no. she told me, that they are not able to get the noobmariner as f series like i ordered it, so she offered me the m series. i know because of you guys about the "bad" engravings, but i ordered it. i hope everything will go well now. the only real bad thing about it is, that i won't receive it before christmas :wounded1:

keep you guys updated

Edited by Stormfather

new update:

pictures are available now. everything seems to be fine, so i approved the order. neo told me now, that the uk man is in holidays and will be back next month. he offered me to send the package by REG air mail with a guaranted delivery. if not, they send me a new one. i told him to send it by REG air, because i don't want to wait much longer. i hope the german customs won't check my package. my box came with reg air and passed the german customs, so i hope the watch will too. what do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...