When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A "Great" Pair From a Pair of Great Friends

Watchmeister

Here is a testament to the generosity of my dear friends here on the forum. A hearty thanks to Archibald and Ubiqitous. Their generosity never ceases to amaze me. And I thought it appropriate to bring it up on Thanksgiving. :) The first was originally sent to Archibald to finalize the original Rolex vintage date wheel project way back when. When it came back it had been transformed - gen crystal, beautifully engraved case back, upgraded bezel and pearl and even a gen bracelet. And the other from Ubi simply showed up at my door. In truth I had to check the return address to find out where it came from. Both works of art in their own right and symbolic of the wonderful goodwill and generosity of many folks on the forum. Both are MBW's with Ziggy vintage lume, case work and all the trimmings including the original date wheel project of course. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!:thumbsupsmileyanim:

DSCN0988.jpg

DSCN0993.jpg

DSCN0992.jpg

DSCN0990.jpg

DSCN0991.jpg

Very kind of Ubi & Archi & nice work on both, but are you sure this 1 is an MBW? At least the dial does not look like it. :g:

Freddy-

You are scarily observant. That watch started life as a Double Red MBW and the dial came from elsewhere. It could be one of those refinished singer dials. I don't remember where I got it from. It does actually look closer to the other one (although clearly different). I am not god's gift to photography. :lol: