When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Andrew"s Amazing Montbrillant Legende

TmeShare

So a few weeks ago I stopped by the local AD to take a look at watches. The AD had Cartier, Tag Heuer, Breitling, Bvlgari, Chopard, Rolex, Raymond Weil, etc (no OP). In the window in the the shop (locate in the world's 2nd largest Shopping Mall - guess where I live?); I saw a blacked dialed Breitling Montbrillant Legende and was awe struck (for our American friends that is different than "Shock and Awe" - see Bush lies in Wikipedia). When I went home I checked Andrew's site (always treated me right and no quality or other problems in 20 plus watches). I was surprised to see the case size of 47mm and the different bracelet (how did I miss this watch) and Andrew's description that the watch rep was "immaculate". I ordered the watch and it arrived the other day.

I have a number of real Navitimer watches (which seemed big say 11 years ago!!) but was really impressed at the watch I received. I simply cannot find a difference from the real watch - go through the checklist - raised Breitling wings on the clasp (check), gold hands and subdial hands (check), double AR (check), thicker crown (check), much larger than the Navitimer, (check). This is one amazing watch and while I mentioned I have 20 plus watches from Andrew, I probably have 75 other watches from Eddie (when he sold) and other real watches. Take a look at this watch on Andrew's site (trusty watch guy on google) or other sellers and you will see what I mean.

I know. Show me the pictures. I am older and do not know how to post pics but if someone is willing to post pics I can send them to you. Great watch. Plan to have Congac aroound the tree and admire this watch!!

TimeShare

• 2 weeks later...

@Tmeshare --> thanks for posting your perceptions of this watch...love the look of it -- just not sure i like the blinginess of the bracelet -- and with no ability to put it on leather it's a tough one for me...but absolutely love the look of the bronze dial version...

wear it well...and thanks!...R

Yes indeeed this rep is a beauty. No issues with many of the characteristics. The only problem and is always the case for A7750 driven chrono is the depth of the date window and datewheel :( Its called the sunken date wheel problem. The original uses a 7753 movement to make it right.

Could a 7753 be transplanted into the rep fairly easily?