When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone done a review of the SInn U1?

chris5264

I remember reading one several days ago. One of the flaws, if I recall correctly, is that the caseback and clasp is polished matte, instead of something else, amd that was a giveaway. Also, the bezel markings are not as fine as the gen. But other than that, it's an excellent rep.

You'd be able to pick up a Gen on the second hand market for about $1200 USD. Considering the rep is at least $220 + shipping, the gen isn't too expensive.

The U1 is a phenomenal rep. Very hard to distinguish from the genuine article. I have one with the chinese movement: get the swiss eta, very worth it when everything else on this watch is so beautiful. Standard AR is some of the best I've ever seen from the factory - crystal disappears all the time. The U1 is one bad mutherfukker. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have the U1 with Swiss movement. I was hearing about a lot of problems witht he cheaper movment so went with the Swiss movement. I am sure it is made in China and is not a Real swiss ETA but it works well. Smooth seconds also and keeps Ok time. Easy to adjust if you are picky. Mine is on the fast side so i will wait a few months to see if it settles down. the quality is superb. I normally don't like rubber straps but this one is the best I have ever seen and is the most comfortable watch to wear. You need to be carful in sizing the strap as there are no microadjustments and take into consideration you wrists may swell in the summer or you gain weights so I suggest cutting the stap to be to big and slowly shortening it over time. You cna't make the strap bigger once you cut it to short! The prices have come down. I got mine for $ 198 delivered to the USA from www.asian7750.com and the transaction went well with the dealer doing a look over the watch and setting the time and date..winding the watch and checking back the next day to see it was accurate time (also to see if it had power reserve). This dealer is near the factory and can return it get another if it fails verses have the factory drop ship you a lemon. The Factories hire BLIND QC or incompetant people.

steve