When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsenjpn Vintage California

ryyannon

To my knowledge, the only (other than Watchmaster - and try to find one....) to offer a 45mm Radiomir-cased vintage Pam California dial. Moveable lugs for swapping staps, display back and just the right size for those who can't accomodate the 47mm cases.

Overall, looks good to me. Your opinions?

STEEL 45MM HIGH POLISED 183 CASE

SCREW DOWN LOGO 183 CROWN

SAPPHIRE AR COATED CRYSTAL

CN 6497 MOVT

CALIFORINA DIAL WITH STANDARD SWISS QUALITY LUM

SUPER LUMED HANDS

TRANSPARANT CASE BACK

LEATHER STRAP WITH LOGO BUCKLE

US$280/PC WITH FREE SHIPPING

post-55-1156954800_thumb.jpg

post-55-1156954831_thumb.jpg

post-55-1156954874_thumb.jpg

Andy, do you mean spot on to the PAM 249 or the vintage 3646 with california dial?

Well this is basically a Black Seal 183 with a california dial - a sort of mish mash (no offence intended as davidsen make an outstanding contribution and I buy many parts from him). Josh's (and others) is a rep of the PAM 249 2006 special edition (albeit with the missing case engraving between the strap bars) so there really is no comparison. It's a nice sort of vintage look-a-like if that's your thing.

just to show how into this watch I am, I just recieved a 187 yesterday and will be putting it up for sale to fund this. This basically is a 1938a Retrospective watch co, but with a screw down crown (and a good quality one) and a clear case back and less than half the price. BTW, I also have Josh's 249. They are both needed in my world. The 249 with the bubble crystal and blue hands has a slightly different feel to it.

Well this is basically a Black Seal 183 with a california dial - a sort of mish mash (no offence intended as davidsen make an outstanding contribution and I buy many parts from him). Josh's (and others) is a rep of the PAM 249 2006 special edition (albeit with the missing case engraving between the strap bars) so there really is no comparison. It's a nice sort of vintage look-a-like if that's your thing.

I simply felt Josh's looked closer to the 249. Like all the reps, there is always a catch- right hands, wrong bezel. Fix the bezel then mess up the crown. Fix the crown but F up the dial...There is a method to the madness of the manufacturers- we keep buying them. You will notice that when the manufacturers make a 2nd version of a rep that 'fixes' some flaw, they always introduce another one, and that the parts from the 1st run cannot usually be mixed with parts from the second to make a more 'perfect' rep. They have us coming and going.

-O