When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first PAM, the Fiddy...almost complete

mactower

The Zigmeister is based in CANADA. I m quite surprised how good the fiddy from andrew look like. have you done any mods to it except of the lume job e.g H3 pinion, CG and pin etc. I am gonna get my dsn fiddy version anytime soon but I know its gonna have a very strong ar :(. Any suggestion as of how to remove the outer ar without removing the crystal?

Edited by paneristi

The Zigmeister is based in CANADA. I m quite surprised how good the fiddy from andrew look like. have you done any mods to it except of the lume job e.g H3 pinion, CG and pin etc. I am gonna get my dsn fiddy version anytime soon but I know its gonna have a very strong ar :(. Any suggestion as of how to remove the outer ar without removing the crystal?

Use the same polish that is used for cleaning ceramic ovens, I have useed that on several saffirecrystals with very good result

But You have to work and rub a lot to remove the AR

Use the same polish that is used for cleaning ceramic ovens, I have useed that on several saffirecrystals with very good result

But You have to work and rub a lot to remove the AR

thx for the tip. Its definately worth trying and shud not be a problem even for a noob :D. I wondered if the ceramic cleaner cud potentially harm the ss casing i.e. resulting in oxidation and color change. oh pls pm me ur fiddy specs and price if you dont mind.

thx for the tip. Its definately worth trying and shud not be a problem even for a noob :D. I wondered if the ceramic cleaner cud potentially harm the ss casing i.e. resulting in oxidation and color change. oh pls pm me ur fiddy specs and price if you dont mind.

I was lucky to get a EL fiddy ( with swiss eta !) with a crystal without AR and that looks way better!

I have removed the AR on a pam002 and a 061 and did it without removing the crystal. To remoove the AR towards the outer edge of the crystal I used tops ( the same same as You use for cleening Your ears and You have to rub a long time but You will get ALL AR removed in the end)

Of course it is better and easier to remove the crystal but I was lazy and did it this way!

Good luck

I was lucky to get a EL fiddy ( with swiss eta !) with a crystal without AR and that looks way better!

I have removed the AR on a pam002 and a 061 and did it without removing the crystal. To remoove the AR towards the outer edge of the crystal I used tops ( the same same as You use for cleening Your ears and You have to rub a long time but You will get ALL AR removed in the end)

Of course it is better and easier to remove the crystal but I was lazy and did it this way!

Good luck

WOW you got a pm regarding your EL :)

Wow!!

I have a PAM 127 aswell and the 2 things that spoil mine are the blue tint on the sapphire glass and the slightly blobby CG pin.

That looks perfect!!....wear it in good times.

Where is Zig based??

I don't seem to notice a blue tint so if my crystal has AR, it's not too much of a concern for me. I suppose I could consider it an added thin layer of scratch resistance. I did get the pin flattened and fixed, again by The Zigmeister.

You'll have 18 of them like the rest of us in no time. Pams are some of the best....

All that's left is a little wear and tear, and a lot of wrist time! Huge, huge thank you to RWG for all the info and The Zigmeister for the amazing lume, pin fix and servicing. :)

Pam Fiddy Ultimate from Andrew

Strap from StrapCulture

img3455.jpg

img3457.jpg

img3456j.jpg

img3462xz.jpg