When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mont Blanc Timewalker Chrono - Sunken Datewheel

Danny Boy

Hey guys, I've just bought the above watch. It hasn't arrived yet so I can't check if the sunken datewheel has been fixed or not on these reps. But if it hasn't, if possible, how would i go about raising it? Is there anybody you'd recommend i send it to who can do that for me?

Regards

Danny

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've just bought the above watch. It hasn't arrived yet so I can't check if the sunken datewheel has been fixed or not on these reps. But if it hasn't, if possible, how would i go about raising it? Is there anybody you'd recommend i send it to who can do that for me?

Regards

Danny

Beautiful watch!!! I have three different models, 2 stainless, and one Rose gold. First, from what I understand, fixing the sunken datewheel is a pretty complicated modification. There's a post with some great pics of the entire process. Just put the whole name of the watch in the search field and look around. As far as the datewheel being a big deal...well if perfection is what you want, then you will have to buy gen. I can tell you that for me, its not a big deal. YOu have to be really close to the watch to even see it. Especially if you have a black dial. The dark dial conceals the shadow. I actually took my rose gold one into the AD and had them put a new brown Mont Blanc strap and deployant clasp on and they didn't say a thing. Just goes to show you that reps are getting better everyday and that most clerks working in the AD's are clueless. IMHO this is by far one of the best reps out there. It is as close as you are going to get to perfect, right out of the box. My advice, don't worry about it, and just enjoy the watch. You are going to get loads of compliments on it, trust me. If you got it in stainless, consider the gold one on the brown strap. It's very dressy. I wear a suit to work and I can't get people's eyes off of it. Wear and enjoy my friend. Merry Christmas.

Im also a MB fan. I hope to purchase the(rose no) TW soon. Like already stated the SDW Is a very complicated fix. If you were to find someone to do It Im thinking It would not be cost effective. I have several watches with the SDW and I can honestly say that "they dont bother me at all anymore" I thought at first It was really going to bug me but after sometime It becomes a "non Issue" even more so with a black dial. I think the advice that Bjl gave you Is sound, relax and enjoy your beautiful new watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike (ps) that MB sport Is also a very good looking piece :)

Yeah the SDW is really a non-issue on the blacki dial. BTW, MERRY CHRISTMAS Maxman, Hope you've been doing well. I'll email you later. I got some new pieces that you'll love. Picked up a UNMM like the one you showed me. F-ing awesome.

Sounds good my friend,I to will be sending you a message :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sounds good my friend,I to will be sending you a message :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I just wanted to show you a picture of the MBTW in Rose Gold on the wrist. This watch get more compliments than anything else in my modest collection.

And I have NEVER had anyone ask me if it was fake b/c of the date wheel. More often than not I volunteer the fact that it's fake. It's far more interesting to people than a real one. Anyway that is my opinion. This is the actuual watch that I took into the AD to have a delpoyant put on...the guy had no clue. Some say that it is bad form to wear your rep into an AD. I say if you paid for it, wear it anywhere you like.

post-24860-126203777066_thumb.jpg

Edited by bjl3910