When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Soon Or How Fast Should We Expect This Rep To Come Out?

woody

Well guys,

With all the recent hot trend towards these new IWC chronographs, I can't help but thinking, when can we expect this fine watch to be produced. I think on the surface, it looks to be relatively simple. The chronograph layout is pretty standard. The GST chronos already have the same layout, and perhaps even the day/date wheel is there too. So what is left for this watch to be produced? bracelet? casing? That should not be that hard too, since the casing is at 42mm, and not like a regular big pilot. The only thing I would worry about is the day/date wheel alignment, and the recessed subdials. Other than that, I would say I'd enjoy this watch a bit more than the GSTs. As a current GST owner, I must say, I do not like the skinny hour/minute hands in general. They are ok, but when you compare it with the pilot's more visible/beefier hands, there is no comparison. Perhaps some of our dealers can also be looking at this thread. I think this can be done, as long as manufacturer's willing to produce, thinking there could be a profit margin. Who wouldn't want a watch like this? Heck, why don't we get a pre group buy started already?!! a guy can dream, can't he?

110382-24087.jpg

I remember some time ago I had met up with PT and he told me then that the rep makers were going to focus less on Panerai and more on IWC - well the former was perhaps not so accurate but the latter definitely accurate - so I would expect to see a lot more of the IWC range and the big pilot is an obvious one to make as they can use the ubiquitous (scuse me Randy) ETA or Asian 6497 and may others would make use of the 7750.

I remember some time ago I had met up with PT and he told me then that the rep makers were going to focus less on Panerai and more on IWC - well the former was perhaps not so accurate but the latter definitely accurate - so I would expect to see a lot more of the IWC range and the big pilot is an obvious one to make as they can use the ubiquitous (scuse me Randy) ETA or Asian 6497 and may others would make use of the 7750.

I hope PT was right, in the beginning when I was searching for reps I was mainly looking for IWC watches. I soon found out most are bad quality reps. I can't wait to see watches like the one above appear as very accurate reps (like the TAG Link, IWC GST etc)