When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

T crown and CG problem

nejad

A lot of members have this problem.

One solution is to sand down the feet of the crown guard, but you have to have enough room between top of crown and bottom of CG, so that you pull out stem enough to set time.

This is not as easy as it sounds, and you should practice with a test CG first.

Yep, this is a common problem with the T crown. Not an easy problem to reslove if you are using a CG that fits the rep crown. The top of the T crown is much more recessed than most of the rep ones, and this makes contact of the lever bottom to the crown top impossible. There is no perfect solution to this. Some members tried to put fill up the recesse area with a piece of metal foil to enable the lever to lock. Thsi can help but you might kill the cosmetic of the crown when viewing frorm the side.

Making the tube longer is not a good way as you will not have the crown sit flush to the case.

Put a metal round piece into the T48 dish Id say, works perfectly..Sanding down the CG feet is not an easy task as stated before.

Yup, forgot to mention this fix. Often wondered why one of our machinists doesn't knock off a bunch of discs and put them up for sale :) Hint, hint :D

Thanks everyone! My first impulse was to build a disc and fit it I rehust of the crown; but where is a fin in that. Also I was thinking of installing a roller in a lever bit distance in question was too small. Also had an idea to put some wax on a liver and make new casting but its hard for me to cast Ti in Montreal, this would be no brainier if this was gold or silver

• 1 month later...

today my watchmaker had the same t-crown problem but with the davidsen 028 pvd crown-guard.

one interesting and practicable solution was the answer.

step 1.) first he did take some glue points and checked how much need to be inside the recess of the t_crown till the contact of the lever would be perfect.

step 2.) he did take a black plastic piece and did grind down this plate to the perfect diameter and thickness till he had a round black plastic plate in his hand which had the absolutely perfect shape to press it into the recess of the t-crown.

step 3.) crown-guard installed, target reached

rolli