When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

buying a new iwc - noobie

Meis

can anyone point me in the right direction im very interested in buying

IWC

Portuguese Perpetual Calendar

IWC

Portuguese Chronograph

IWC

Pilot’s Watch Double Chronograph Edition 'top gun'

IWC

Pilot’s Watch Chronograph in stainless steel

im looking for the best place to get these , not the cheapest , but the best time keeping and rep

the ones ive seen on various sites are no where near the orig - especialy the Portuguese Perpetual Calendar that looks like a completely diff watch

hope you guys can help and point me in the right direction

many thx

post-26324-126028312846_thumb.jpg

post-26324-126028314276_thumb.jpg

post-26324-126028315891_thumb.jpg

post-26324-126028316693_thumb.jpg

Edited by Meis

Welcome Meis,

The only way you can get a good idea for the watches u want, is by doing some research and reading around this forum

There's an IWC Section that contains all of the information u need, and all of the the dealers on this forum are trusted, and sell the best well-repped IWC watches

u might get alot of opinions from members by posting a question asking: Where and What to buy, it all comes down to ur personal taste

Cheers

Welcome Meis,

The only way you can get a good idea for the watches u want, is by doing some research and reading around this forum

There's an IWC Section with that contains all of the information u need, and are the dealers on this forum are trusted and sell the best well-repped IWC watches

u might get alot of opinions from members by posting a question asking: Where and What to buy, it all comes down to ur personal taste

Cheers

Hear, hear! :)

understood - but as a noobie - all i see is peoples nick names etc.. no web address etc.. its a bit unclear

maybe im looking at the wrong thing thats why i was wondering if there is a list of 3-5 recommended places well known

for being v good in iwc rep's

At this stage I should warn you against the Portuguese chrono. The movement on this one is so bad that it ought not to be sold, but unfortunately the dealers still do, and I have yet to hear of any that warned a potential byer that it might be problematic.

Other then that, I too agree with the statements above.

At this stage I should warn you against the Portuguese chrono. The movement on this one is so bad that it ought not to be sold, but unfortunately the dealers still do, and I have yet to hear of any that warned a potential byer that it might be problematic.

+1

A good friend of mine actually had a "panda dial" Portu chrono die on him yesterday (after about a year).. :black_eye: So I would not go for that one personally..

The 3717 however is a great rep out of the box and with a service (and a couple of mods like ETA Day & Date Wheels, Chiefs double AR and maybe lume - if you fancy) you have keeper for sure!

Oh, and welcome to RWG Meis. You have found the best place for this hobby! :drinks: