When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Feeling Absolutely Gutted

PeteM

I was trawling through Ebay today, had some spare time!

Found a Breitling Bentley GMT with Brown face and Speed Bracelet, All the paperwork absolutely Gen no doubt but when I first saw it I couldnt believe it so I thought I would post some questions.

In the meantime I studied the pics, seller etc etc and was certain it was genuine.

Thought F*** it I will buy now........ but it was gone and its really bothering me now, I wish I had listened to my instincts these sort of deals dont come along too often on the bay.

Anyway it was

Don't feel too badly.. I missed a grail vintage watch I have been searching for .. I shook it off as ..not meant to be.. then one week later .. another for 700.00 less than the great deal of a week ago, and I missed it... :lol:

I tell myself.. both were not "meant to be" .. that something good will come out of it...and move one.. sure I still ponder the thought at times.. then I need to tell myself... "it's just a thought".. which it is now.. Just a thought... :1a:

AC/Lani

Don't feel too badly.. I missed a grail vintage watch I have been searching for .. I shook it off as ..not meant to be.. then one week later .. another for 700.00 less than the great deal of a week ago, and I missed it... :lol:

I tell myself.. both were not "meant to be" .. that something good will come out of it...and move one.. sure I still ponder the thought at times.. then I need to tell myself... "it's just a thought".. which it is now.. Just a thought... :1a:

AC/Lani

Mate, your a horological philospher!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well the bright side is I saved my money !! ;)

Mate, your a horological philospher!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well the bright side is I saved my money !! ;)

Not only that.. think of this.. maybe, there would of been something wrong with the watch.. and the karmic forces of the universe kept you from obtaining a problem..

sounds good for thought anyway :1a:

I was trawling through Ebay today, had some spare time!

Found a Breitling Bentley GMT with Brown face and Speed Bracelet, All the paperwork absolutely Gen no doubt but when I first saw it I couldnt believe it so I thought I would post some questions.

In the meantime I studied the pics, seller etc etc and was certain it was genuine.

Thought F*** it I will buy now........ but it was gone and its really bothering me now, I wish I had listened to my instincts these sort of deals dont come along too often on the bay.

Anyway it was

Everything happens for a good reason Pete. At least that's what my wife says. When you're looking at a flat tyre, it's a hard pill to swallow, but when you miss the 10 car pile up down the road, damn it all, you have to admit she's right. Personally? I'd rather have taken my chances in the wreck than admit that.

Keep your eyes peeled on the 'Bay..........good luck.........

Thanks Guys...... I know your right but I like the pile up scenario :bangin:

I thought I had deleted the link but then remembered the message I sent so heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160386429764&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

I will look out for the feedback just to satisfy myself or not whichever it may be!!!! 8)

Back In march of 2002 I moved to North Carolina from south florida. I was looking at houses every day. Then I found the perfect home. The seller would not budge on the price. I thought this was unexceptable and told my realator that I would not purchase the house for the asking price. I could not stop thinking about this house. I decided that I would pay the asking price because It was such a great home. I called my realator and told him I would buy the house. He called me back about a hour later and said "the house Is under contract" I was so angry with myself. Im so much a person of principal, now that "stubborness" has cost me a great home. I was depressed for weeks. About six months later I found another house. It was In a better location, It was on a beautiful wooded acre and the house was bigger and five years newer. The price was almost the same as the first house I wanted to purchase. I have been living In that house for about seven years now. I could not be happier. I remember my father(God rest his soul) telling me that there would be a better house down the road. At the time I didn't believe It, I am a believer today. I ran Into my old realator about two years ago. I mentioned the house that I almost bought and told him I was glad that I did not buy that first house. He told me that the pepole that bought that house have had nothing but trouble. They have had electerical problems, the hard wood floors were warping and they also were haveing problems with the foundation of the home. So sometimes one door closes so another can open, you just never know. So dont be to disapointed, who knows, could be a blessing Incognito :drinks: Mike