When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Registered Airmail

I ordered a watch from eurotimez in late October. It was despatched to me on the 9th November by registered airmail, with me thinking that this was a good safe choice of delivery (little did I know...). Almost 6 weeks later I have received nothing. Having emailed eurotimez a couple of times, it seems that registered airmail can not easily be tracked. This was my first ever order from a dealer so with lack of experience I did not realise I could be subjected to such delays with this delivery method. Is this normal with registered airmail? Should I give up hope or is there a chance it will still come?

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Paul

Not familiar with the UK System/Customs, but it shouldn't take that long! Was it your preffered method or ETZ's?

Unfortunately, I think your package is lost! If Customs got it, they would have notified you! You should communicate this with Chris or ETZ!

Goodluck!

Registered mail is tracked everywhere it goes, in fact at each and every station stop, the tracking number and the mail is logged in, and then logged out as it moves to the next station. There is a detailed trail from sender to receiver with any registered package.

Do you have a tracking number and if so, what does it show in the system If the mail made it to the UK then Royal Mail would have it logged into the system, if it doesn't show up on the RM site, it never made it in country.

Hi, yes I have a tracking number. When I track it, I only see the following:

Year: 2009

Destination: Customs UK

Last Location: Beijing International Airport

Date: 2009-11-20

I think eurotimez preferred method is EMS but at point of purchase, the site told me to choose a delivery method and I picked registered airmail beliving it to be safe. I should probably have looked in to this first but there was nothing to suggest it was a bad choice.

When I enter the tracking ref on the royalmail site, it says it cannot be found. However, they do have this message:

Track and Trace is a Royal Mail service that lets you check the status of a trackable item that you sent through the post. Please note that items sent from overseas to the UK cannot be tracked using the Royal Mail website.

Would this suggest then that it never flew out and would this mean that it has likely been misplaced or stolen? Do you know if there is any come back for lost air mail (against the post service responsible)?

Eurotimez have so far just told me to keep waiting, they have also stated that they do not guarentee airmail to arrive...

I emailed eurotimez again on Wednesday and received a response yesterday saying that it is not their responsibility to chase up my missing watch. They also added that registered airmail is not trackable in the UK and as such they cannot really do anything about it. They did however attempt to chase it for me but were not able to contact anyone who could help. I didnt expect this to happen when paying a high price from a reputable seller. Maybe I should have researched the delivery options more (not that I have been able to find anything anywhere on the Internet to say that registered air mail is actually not registered). I suggest that any other new members are more careful!!

Edited by watchhunter

I mailed a priority to the east coast 2 weeks ago... and it still has not arrived.. it is taking twice as long with the Christmas craziness.. everything is moving like the 'Honu' ... (turtle) at this time.. it is stressful.. but all parcels will arrive ... just delayed..:)

watchhunter, how long ago did you place your order? I too am still waiting on a delivery I ordered on 12-2-09. This was going to be a Christmas gift but it does not look like it will make it. I get the "it is out of my control" line from the seller Joshua @ www.perfect-hour.com.

He said it was dispatch Nov. 9th! Where are you located? If you're CONUS, you will probably get it before Xmas! Josh usually ships via EMS to Conus and if it gets actually lost or seized by Customs, he will re-ship you another one......, not unless he change his policy and out front stated that he won't if this happens! Just be patient......you know the Holiday Season......!

Good Luck! Hike

Watchhunter, try having a look on the parcel force website or DHL. They usually deal with air packets rather than the RM.

Oh, and for future refrence, ETZ do an EU delivery service so you don't have the usual customs hassles etc. It also cuts out a large chunk of the waiting time for you!

Will be worth hanging in there and hope that it comes through. Really hope it does for you man!!

Just out of interest, what did you order?!

Sixx :bones:

Hey, just saw your response and quickly went off to check parcel force and DHL but nothing there either. There was a bit of confusion my end when it came to delivery methods, I should definitely have gone for the europe delivery and would have had I been aware of the risks. We live and learn though.

Im not confident it will arrive but definitely am still hoping. The order was for a PO 42mm, I know eurotimez are not the cheapest for these but was hoping to get a good quality, well inspected rep from a decent dealer, maybe I still will..

I'm sure you will mate, times can go crazy for delivery!! I got a watch from a member on here called hackR, sent just normal first class air from New York and got it 4 days later!! Then just in the past 3-4 weeks I had to wait for just over 4 weeks for another rep from a guy not too far from there, he sent it priority air!!?!?

Just one of the minor irritations of our hobby though I guess!

Let me know if it doesn't turn up for you, I have a PO I never wear, we can sort something out between us so you aren't dissapointed on your first go in Reps!!

watchhunter, how long ago did you place your order? I too am still waiting on a delivery I ordered on 12-2-09. This was going to be a Christmas gift but it does not look like it will make it. I get the "it is out of my control" line from the seller Joshua @ www.perfect-hour.com.

in my experience its been about 3/4 weeks from Josh

when i read your post first because am based in UK we read the date different to you guys so thought you were saying you had ordered your watch in FEB 09 LOL (dayum thats a long wait :p)

but then I thought hang on that cant be right... lol

I'm sure you will mate, times can go crazy for delivery!! I got a watch from a member on here called hackR, sent just normal first class air from New York and got it 4 days later!! Then just in the past 3-4 weeks I had to wait for just over 4 weeks for another rep from a guy not too far from there, he sent it priority air!!?!?

Just one of the minor irritations of our hobby though I guess!

Let me know if it doesn't turn up for you, I have a PO I never wear, we can sort something out between us so you aren't dissapointed on your first go in Reps!!

Thanks for the support, my fingers will remain crossed. There's nothing worse than waiting for something, especially when you get it in to your head that its gone missing. I guess your experience confirms that its impossible to predict the postal service, let alone international services.

I ordered a couple of cheaper reps (different watches) from watchinternational shortly after the eurotimez order and these came through quickly by EMS so Im not completely put off reps yet! The Planet Ocean is the first watch I really wanted though so if mine doesnt arrive Id definitely be keen to discuss yours if you really wanted to sell it!

Usually when this happens (left China...then nothing....the UK has no trace) its been pounced on by customs in H'row. Good news is that with China counterfeit small packets they return to sender.

The above assertions re tracked everystep o' the way for Regd Air Mail should be taken with a pinch of salt, Thai Regd Air Mail for example gets NO tracking, even UKPO doesnt put on its system