When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

203 1950 8 Giorni Brevettato 47mm

lanikai

Thanks Lani

I do like that watch but just when I thought I was learning about PAM designations I am back to my original confusion.

This is designated a PAM 203 is it? My understanding was a PAM 203A was a PVD 44mm Prev Luminor Marina but the suffix A only related to year.

Does this form of designation mean something different here and if so is there an idiots guide to this somewhere? Just when I thought I had it!!! If this is the case why would Panerai designate it in this way when normally its just a straight forward number designation

For 138USD its a great rep watch.

There is the PAM 203 which was a small release with an Angelus 8-Day movement and is now selling north of $150K of which Lani's is a replica - genuine is a Tobacco brown dial, though.

and the PAM 5218-203/A (Pre-Vendome) which is a Pre-V Marina Dial in a PVD 44MM case.

There is the PAM 203 which was a small release with an Angelus 8-Day movement and is now selling north of $150K of which Lani's is a replica - genuine is a Tobacco brown dial, though.

and the PAM 5218-203/A (Pre-Vendome) which is a Pre-V Marina Dial in a PVD 44MM case.

Thanks Don,

So does this happen often with the model range? With the PVD model is A still referencing year?

And sorry but lastly what does the four digit number before 203/A signify? Is it just model? or case movement etc.

Thanks

Here is the 203A dial that DL is referring to.. from FGD.. one of the parts for my 5218-203A PreV project.. I'll need the 44mm PreV ,case Prev CG and crown.. send it off to Ziggy for PVD Service.. hopefully 2010....after I source the rest of the parts.

AC/L

Thanks Don,

So does this happen often with the model range? With the PVD model is A still referencing year?

And sorry but lastly what does the four digit number before 203/A signify? Is it just model? or case movement etc.

Thanks

Watches made between the "rebirth" of Panerai in 1993 to the acquisition of the company by the Vend

Got one of those, too - but the brown dial version.

Although it is of course far from being close to the gen, especially the movement, I really like it. And I think the brown BOB strap fits it quite well. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers

Whatever123

Thats nice with the brown dial, where was it from?

Well done mate, you must be pleased with your efforts. I cant tell from the other pics I have seen but yours seems to have a recess in the case to recieve the CG if so is this accurate to gen.

Great job compared with your previous pics.

Where will your modding go from here ??:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well done mate, you must be pleased with your efforts. I cant tell from the other pics I have seen but yours seems to have a recess in the case to recieve the CG if so is this accurate to gen.

Great job compared with your previous pics.

Where will your modding go from here ??:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks! :)

But I'm afraid, my modding will not go much further... normally I'm all thumbs if it comes to DIY... :lol: