When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Great Pics of a Gen 217

PeteM

I came across these pics of a 217, Great close ups especially of the movement and CG. It helped make a lot of sense about what you guys are talking about with the pin crystal etc etc.

I tried to save them myself but I cant so here is the link. If anyone can tell me how I would appreciate it as when I do the image is squashed

http://forums.watchn...to=357443&rid=0

what I do pete is save it to my files (pictures).. resize the image and upload it to my Image Shack.. (it's free).. I chose the 8.00 usd per month subscription.. I have more options.. it's faster for me to post pics on the board..I then copy the URL and paste it on the post..

so after resizing for the board it looks like this

448bb546.jpg

772eec06.jpg

This is the biggest I will go for the forum images.. otherwise the pics will be just too big for the post.. imo..

AC/L

Lani

I saved it again and although I couldnt see the pic and I couldnt resize it I uploaded to Flickr and then I saw the pic again great, thanks

Lani

I saved it again and although I couldnt see the pic and I couldnt resize it I uploaded to Flickr and then I saw the pic again great, thanks

if you save it in "Pictures".. albums.. you can view the pic.. and use various programs to re-size it.. crop.. correct colour etc.

like crop the second pic to look like this..

772eec06.jpg

I think I dont have the programmes mate cause I cant do anything with it on my laptop, I cant even see it just a line

I did take a pic of mine though :D

4208140333_f9d6014117.jpg

Love mine

I would love to see your CG on that. Is there something different about that crystal to standard rep? Or is it just the angle?

When I first joined I hated the large dome and distortion of the crystal on these and the Fiddy but I am totally smitten now its a character trait rather than a flaw to me now.

I was fascinated to read that the original actually had an Angelus movement as with the fiddy and didnt have the REG TM logo on the CG. Its strange Richemont didnt stay true to the original with the 2005 release well to me its a shame.

It than followed on from the other posts regarding the PAM 203 that the movement in this should be in these other 47mm's. I would love to have a 203, I tried to look for a brown dial version but I have had no luck yet.

I love finding out about these great watches!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I would love to see your CG on that. Is there something different about that crystal to standard rep? Or is it just the angle?

Here you go.

Probably the angle on the crystal. I replaced my shattered orriginal crystal (shattered right after I had it coated by Chief) with a DSN AR sapphire crystal.

pam217destrompxiv.jpg

Here you go.

Probably the angle on the crystal. I replaced my shattered orriginal crystal (shattered right after I had it coated by Chief) with a DSN AR sapphire crystal.

Thanks that looks nice the pin looks good, thats not a DSN CG though is it?

No, this is one of the initial Eddie Lee batch - The Zigmeister relume and DSN crystal swap are the only mods done...

Thanks for reply.

Is the EL CG the better one for these in terms of accuracy? Why did you do the relume was it because of the accuracy of the colouring in daylight, I ask because DSN's lume is good as a lume at night for me anyway.

Is Eddie Lee still about as I dont see anything in dealer mods forum

Excellent find, Pete! Now modders have a good reference pictures! Whoever took those shots is a PRO!

BTW: Do you have MS Office? It comes with a free Picture Manager that you can use for minor editing including re-sizing!

Here's mine:

pam217c.jpg

pam217b.jpg

pam217collage.jpg

pam217f.jpg

Hike great pics I love the montage or is it collage one.

Thats the first time I have seen that strap on the PAM, seen that style on the makers sites and never really thought much of it but must say it looks good mate.

I dont have any office software on my laptop only on my desktop which unfortunately I cant use at the moment. As the MS office came with the desktop I cant use the disc to load on the laptop something about licensing according to Dell, wish they had told me that when I bought it I just assumed it would be the same if I had bought software seperately I think thats 3 computers you can load on then.

Pete:

Relume dud to the color accuracy and the original release had typical factory lume not like DSN's superlume.

It is widely believed that the original release case introduced to us by Eddie Lee was the most accurate but I am far from an expert on the 217 or 127 CG's.

Eddie Lee is long gone and retired from the hobby

Hike great pics I love the montage or is it collage one.

Thats the first time I have seen that strap on the PAM, seen that style on the makers sites and never really thought much of it but must say it looks good mate.

I dont have any office software on my laptop only on my desktop which unfortunately I cant use at the moment. As the MS office came with the desktop I cant use the disc to load on the laptop something about licensing according to Dell, wish they had told me that when I bought it I just assumed it would be the same if I had bought software seperately I think thats 3 computers you can load on then.

@Pete...thanks! Check your PM!

Hike that strap looks right at home on the 217.

@elisiX.....thanks!