When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to remove and replace Watch movements

lanikai

I equate being able to remove and replace watch movements as "freedom from bondage".. and no longer being "held hostage"

there will always be that annoying lume dust .. specs on the dial or crystal that can drive you mad..

Wanna get your crystal to Chief for AR?? Swap crystals??

whatever.. here's a link for you .. and if I can do it.. you can too..

For those of you who have a "fear factor".. and are doubting your ability to remove your movement.. it is quite simple .. and with the minimal basic tools.. like from > Watch Bitz

you'll have the "Freedom" to do so many things.. but imo .. if you learn anything for our hobby.. this is essential..

I have long come to expect things like lume dust.. crooked markers (that can be an easy fix) and all other minor issues that could really mess with a nice rep..

I had a member walk me through my first attempt.. so I was fortunate in there was 1 pic and 1 paragraph.. as my attention span is wanting at times..

here is a link.. please use it, as I cannot stress how much more enjoyable this hobby is when issues can be resolved without the hassle of exchange.. and the time it takes to ship the rep back and forth to china.. or paying your local watch smith to straighten a marker.. or just pure frustration in viewing that %+@#O(&%..dust on the dial.. and you try and stare it away :rofl: ..you all know what I'm talkin bout... :p

Go here> Removing watch movements

Good Luck and happy Horology to All :lol:

AC/Lani

thank you lanikai for this helpful link :) maybe i need it someday :)

fo sure denz.. it is easier than the tutorial appears.. and will expand your hobby 10 fold.. get a cheapo watch to practice on and you'll realize how easy it is.. :good:

nest we'll have you taking off and replacing hands and dials.. dw.... :lol:

if your going to get into reps.. you gotta take the bull by the horns .. as we say..

AC/Lani

How do you transplant 5 thumbs - fat ones at that.

Thanks for link but I''l leave it to the guys with the skills - not me.

btw wanna fix my ebel 1911 ?

:lol:

I'm not qualified to fix anything.. leave that to Ziggy and Vac..

but believe me if I can do the basic movement removal.. anyone on the Planet can too..

Free, I was free at last!!!! form the bondage of dust,.. crooked markers... :Jumpy:

and I do go nutz with Chiefs AR now.. :lol:.. since I can do it maself..

but definitely leave the tech stuff to Ziggy.. no doubt..