When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Automotive Website By Me

Mercury

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a reason for the Aston Cygnet, and why only existing owners can buy one.

The Cygnet helps the Aston Martin meet emissions targets for the entire brand so they don't have to neuter the engines in their main sports cars; that's the only purpose of it. The Cygnet is bad so the other cars can remain good. Obviously they want to limit the brand damage, which is why they're only being sold to 'real' Aston Martin owners.

Great articles Merc! A couple of notes. On the Focus RS, it is about $38,000 and would cost US consumers $42-$50K if Ford brought it State side, hence why they did not because no one is going to spend that on a Focus. It is a sweet ride though, have tested a few of them.

Also the 2011 5.0 liter Mustang has been tested on the track. Ford is just not giving any numbers because performance has not be finallized. I have personally had it out on the track.

Keep up the good work!

:drinks:

It is one hell of a ride and I was excited when Ford looked into bringing them over here, but the numbers did not work out. The car was going pushing into $40K+ territory by the time it got into the hands of the consumers, so the plan was scrapped. Same reason Ford has not brought over some of the smaller engines from Europe that get great fuel economy. I have insider information. :whistling: