When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing AR insitu

PeteM

this may sound like a dumb question - and prob is - but is there a way to tell if the AR is on the outside without purposely trying to scratch it?...

Pete and i were chatting tonight - and we both laughed - it could be that the blue AR visible on my PAM 036 is on the inside and that the outer was stripped already?!...but then again, i don't think it's been stripped based on it history...its the old skool model that's been discontinued...

i'm just playing/learning with this stripping exercise...totally agree with you Lani!...

R-

this may sound like a dumb question - and prob is - but is there a way to tell if the AR is on the outside without purposely trying to scratch it?...

Pete and i were chatting tonight - and we both laughed - it could be that the blue AR visible on my PAM 036 is on the inside and that the outer was stripped already?!...but then again, i don't think it's been stripped based on it history...its the old skool model that's been discontinued...

i'm just playing/learning with this stripping exercise...totally agree with you Lani!...

R-

I think a chisel will make you sure mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Dont worry as long as chisel is really sharp any ruts or scoring will buff right out........Honest ;)

• 1 month later...

I had to pick up some SS polish for my kitchen appliances. While polishing my refridgerator I thought about this thread. I recieved a Breitling SA about six months ago. It arrived with the AR scratched all to hell, looked like [censored]. I gave pete's SS polish tip a try and It Indeed worked very well. It took about 20 min or so but the crystal Is ..well just that, crystal clear. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I also put some rainx on the crystal and the rest of the watch, a little tip I picked up form my watch repair guy. It's kinda cool when you get caught in the rain. The water just beads up and it's gone. I apply the product to the whole watch, crystal, bezel, case, bracelet. Leave it on for about 20 min or so then buff off. It's great quick touch up, works well. Again, thank you Pete for the great tip. :yu: Mike

• 1 month later...

hello guys

you guys said with a metal polishing i can remove AR..

works something like this too, its autosol chrompolish

autosol-metallpolish.jpg

cause when the AR on my skyland is to much, i think i remove it on the outside..

i hope this works with a microfibre and armpower :thumbsupsmileyanim:

but im a little bit afraid if it will work on the outside edges of the crystal, cause of the bezel design of a skyland..hmm :whistling: :whistling:

denz