When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO Chrono review Incorrect subdial one

asf

Finally I've gotten around to actually reviewing my watch I won in the 3 person raffle. I want to firstly thank Lanikai for doing QC because the original TT Yachtmaster's gold was so thin that it was starting to come off. So instead he asked if this was ok to get instead. Personally, any free watch is welcomed and boy did I gladly welcome this piece when it came in! This UPO Chrono is the incorrect sub dial spaced version, which is still a looker. Its not really noticeable when you just wear it casually. I've actually had someone ask me how do I like it and when I explained that it was a rep they were pleasantly surprised. They told me that at that distance he was standing he couldn't tell at all that the dials were too far apart.

I have this watch strapped to the Maratac Truesize Elite Series Composite Strap with the red stitching. Originally it was meant for my Sinn U2, but it looks so darn nice on the UPO chrono that I couldnt say no.

4219375281_2c010b2201_b.jpg

I love the balance of the brushed sides of the case vs the polished upper of the lugs as well as the orange accents on the pushers themselves.

4219375379_2ca5f3ec6c_b.jpg

It seems like the HE valve is sealed shut, personally thats great since its less of a chance for water to seep in. The rotating bezel has this nice click to it and has enough tension that it doesnt feel cheap like my Skyland V3 did, nor is it as hard to turn as the Sinn U2.

4219375091_b4f743ee93_b.jpg

4219375491_805220559f_b.jpg

The lume is evenly spread over the indices which is something the rep factories don't really do anymore, to me any ways. I guess the other flaw is that there isn't any AR on it which isnt a deal killer, but would be nice if it was on the watch.

4219424887_d36be17605_o.jpg

All in all, I love the watch and have been wearing it for quite some time now.

A HUGE thank you to Lanikai for pulling watches straight from his personal collection to give to the community. I only know that I will always be a contributer to RWG

Thank you!

Kevin

This Is a grail for me. It's because of this watch that I found RWG. My very first purchase was the 42mm quartz version.I knew nothing about movements when I arrived here. I just orderd the new one with the correct sub dial spacing. Even with the off sub dial spacing this Is a very nice watch. Just remember that 99% of the people that see this watch wont know the difference. From two feet away In the real world this going to look like just another Omega PO. It's a beautiful watch, wear It In the best of health. Props to Lanikai for the generious contribution :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

Amazing Photography K!!!

btw.. I forgot to mention the ss bracelet is the correct one.. if you've never put one on before.. it is a bear to get on.. the spring bars have to be bent a little.. I wrestled with my UPO for a long time before I could wrangle it on..

I'm relieved you are enjoying it.. and it couldn't to a more deserving member..

Live Strong and Wear it Well

thank you for sharing this.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/L