When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the best AP Royal Oak out of the box ?

Fellow members,

a friend of mine, who is unfortunately not part of our community, wishes to purchase a good replica of an AP Royal Oak (the 38mm version). I'm not really acquainted with this watch so cannot give him any sort of knowledgeable advice. Does anyone know what is the best version? I know MBW got one. WM9 as well.

Thanks for your help and time,

Rolexmaniac88

A trusted dealer told me the WMK vers was the best out there - I thought it looked good (brushed steel esp!), but I don't know too much bout reps. Only reason I didn't go for it was because I don't like gold screws on the silver bezel, and they don't do silver on silver. Have never seen WM9 vers so cannot comment.

Pls keep me uptodate with your findings...

Sorry, I meant MBK.

I think the 15202 (no second hand on face) may have gold screws, but the 15300 (WITH sec hand) is normally silver on silver. I could be wrong though - however, the AP site depicts the 15300 as silv on silv.

Precious Time does a nice version from what I can see on the site, but I understand it is not as good as MBK (doesn't have brushed steel and other refinements). I've been told that the PT one may not actually be Swiss ETA as described... Thats not PTs fault, only what he is told/printed on the movement.

Stay in touch - hopefully someone will chime in with how we can get hold of one of these beauties.... The Offshore versions are gorgeous - cannot understand why no one has released as accurate a replica for the 15300 AP RO.

Gold screws are easy to mode...the most accurate is still the MBW with the swiss movement...

How to mod the gold screws?

The MBK doesn't have the same constyruction as the gen. The bezel screws are glued and teh fit is pretty tight making it extremely hard to pop them off.

Let me see if I understand... Either we vote, or else you'll peel off your lady's stickies... How's that supposed to be an incentive to vote!?! :)

Koz it's better left to the imagination....now go vote! :good: