When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Straps. The watch is So good and the strap is So Bad

bjl3910

I wanted to bring up a fact that bothers me. Due to my particular tastes, most of the reps I buy come with a leather strap. I can't help it; I just don't care for metal ones. I have always felt like a leather strap is dressy, and looks better with a suit that some big chunky metal bracelet. I also think they draw less attention to your wrist, and IMHO we should try to fly under the radar with our reps. I like my watches, and I don't try to fool anyone with them. If asked I tell the truth...it

I'll change all my rep straps with either costumed straps from members here

vstrap019.jpg

unmmfgddialfmstrap046.jpg

Hktan or from a vendor off the net..weather a stock rep strap or a faux strap bought after.

The strap really finishes off the watch.. most of us don't keep the rep strap on or buy a rep.

reptilian after.. the real shtuff looks so good on a super rep..

iwc3717andtg015.jpg

AC/Lani

Yup...there are some great mid-priced strap options out there...and higher priced options as well. I don't mind the Breitling ones...better of the rep straps IMHO. Others don't like them...but the key is...you need the strap to get the deployment and/or buckle...

If you have PAMs...straps are half if not 3/4 of the fun!!!

I hear what all of you are saying. Especially on the PAMS. My oint is that some of us would like the watch to come on decent leather. When I got my VC Patrimony, I almost got mad and sent it back. The strap made the watch look so bad that I was literally repacking it when my girlfriend made me stop and try another strap on it. Good thing too, b/c the watch is great. A super rep IMHO. But the strap on it was worse than the one that came on my 111h. And I would have thought that was impossible. LOL. I just think that individually we're all just a single customer, but collectively as a community we should have a loud voice with these dealers. I mean there's what close to 30k members here. It seems like the dealers would have to listen. Think about how many watches these guys sell b/c of this forum. if every member buys just 3 in a year, thats close to 70,00 watches. I bet it's an even bigger number. Should the dealers not be more accountable to us?