When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 - To Replace or Service, that is the question.

bjl3910

I just got my hands on the specs, and Step-By-Step assembly instructions for the often misunderstood and underappreciated 7750 movement. It seems as though this movement is the topic for many posts on the forum. To service or replace; how to fix the date wheel, chrono not resetting to 12, running seconds where? LOL. There just seems to be a lot of issues with the movement. I understand that it is a cheap, readily available movement and for those reasons it powers a vast number of our automatic chrono reps. I wanted to fix ALL the 7750 issues with one of my reps, so I ordered a new 7753 movement for one of my favorites. I want to fix the sunken date wheel and make the date change pusher at 10 function. Basically I am upgrading the rep. After I drop the new movement in, I'm gonna have a spare 7750. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me documenting the process of tearing apart, and then, in a separate post, rebuilding the movement. The instructions are pretty straight forward and while I'm sure it will take me a long time to do it, I feel like I can handle it. So I was just wondering if anyone would even check it out if I did it. Let me know. I should have my new 7753 in a week or so, and my tools should be here any day now. Also if anyone would like copies of the instructions and specs for the 7750, PM me and I

THere already is a great interactive assembly/disassembly guide available at ETA's web site. It also describes the tools needed, adjustments and settings. You can find it here:

ETA 7750 Guide