When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM Homage's

asmo

Hi!

The name "Marina Militare" definitely belongs to Panerai. I have been in contact with a german law office because one of my "Marina Militare" orders from Helenarou got seized by customs... :black_eye: They showed me a copy of the name registration form. I had to agree to the destruction of the watch and sign a form that I would never try to import fake Panerai products again. So I don't... and only trade inside EU. Not sure what would happen if they'd catch me again.

The design (CG etc.) is not protected anymore as you can only do that for a specific time period which is over now. At least that's my understanding.

Cheers

Whatever123

Hi!

The name "Marina Militare" definitely belongs to Panerai. I have been in contact with a german law office because one of my "Marina Militare" orders from Helenarou got seized by customs... :black_eye: They showed me a copy of the name registration form. I had to agree to the destruction of the watch and sign a form that I would never try to import fake Panerai products again. So I don't... and only trade inside EU. Not sure what would happen if they'd catch me again.

The design (CG etc.) is not protected anymore as you can only do that for a specific time period which is over now. At least that's my understanding.

Cheers

Whatever123

Damn! That

Yeah, they promised to sue me... I guess that would have been expensive and I can be happy that they didn't charge any fees or something like that.

I didn't even know that Marina Militare was a Panerai trademark... otherwise I wouldn't have ordered overseas. You can even get them on eBay in Europe, but they're removed from time to time.

I am also not sure if they are still so "nice" when there's Panerai written on the dial... that's why I will not take the risk again.

Cheers

Whatever123

Yeah, they promised to sue me... I guess that would have been expensive and I can be happy that they didn't charge any fees or something like that.

I didn't even know that Marina Militare was a Panerai trademark... otherwise I wouldn't have ordered overseas. You can even get them on eBay in Europe, but they're removed from time to time.

I am also not sure if they are still so "nice" when there's Panerai written on the dial... that's why I will not take the risk again.

Cheers

Whatever123

Yeah thanks for that Whatever - im mainly focusing on completely unbranded - planning on buying parts and assembling myself :)

Getat is very good and so are their prices. Even their straps are quite nice. My friend ordered a complete set of parts including movement and they arrived within a week of ordering. They also do some custom stuff that is not listed on their website (superluminova of dial for one) so contact them with any special request you may have....you may be suprised what they will do for you.

Cheers!

Getat is very good and so are their prices. Even their straps are quite nice. My friend ordered a complete set of parts including movement and they arrived within a week of ordering. They also do some custom stuff that is not listed on their website (superluminova of dial for one) so contact them with any special request you may have....you may be suprised what they will do for you.

Cheers!

Yeah its the easy to use website at Getat that made me realize i really could do it myself.

Im actually going to go one step further and re-lume the dial and hands myself with the lume paint from GlowInc - should be a fun experiment. ( tho ive just read that they can't ship internationally without costly hazmat costs ! DOH !!!)

My only bugbear is that im still not sure about putting in a Unitas Asian hand wind 6497 etc etc - i need to read up some more on them to figure out what i want to put in the watch - high beat vs low beat etc and i seem to recall having read in different places praises for both over the other. Actually now that i think about it i think the high/low beat thing may have been in reference to A7750's - GAH movements are doing my head in at the moment >.<