When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to fix my DOA speedmaster?

Guest Watchguy95

Guest Watchguy95

I just recived a brand new Omega Speedmaster :)

but the bad part is its doa

Watch works just fine BUT the min hand is just handing around

what i mean by that is every time i tilt the watch to an angle the Min hand goes there

but rest of watch is fine

any way to fix this without shipping it back to china and taking a risk?

please help

Thanks

Edited by Watchguy95

I would assume that any half decent watch smith could fix this, but with out seeing the watch i would not like to say exactly what it is but more than likely the hand just need re-fitting.

Where are you in the world, then we could advice of some one who may be willing to look at it.

Guest Watchguy95

im 99% sure its watch fitting

because if i look at the hand in an angle its touch the dial

btw how much will the fitting cost?

i dont want to spend any money on serviceing and ect

I would assume that any half decent watch smith could fix this, but with out seeing the watch i would not like to say exactly what it is but more than likely the hand just need re-fitting.

Where are you in the world, then we could advice of some one who may be willing to look at it.

+1 Im sorry to hear about your DOA Omega SM. This Is always a possiblity. It seems like you have two choices. Send It back to your dealer or better yet have a watch shop (no AD) take a look at It. He or she will have to charge you something but I dont think that It would be much, good luck :) Mike

Just to add...it could be as simple as the hand needs to be pressed back on which is a simple task by any watchmaker. The risk is that the rep hands can be cheap and might have "stretched" (not technically accurate but better for understanding)...so in this case, I think it can be glued...not 100% sure on this...but I think that's what's done.

If you send it back, it will be about $15-20 USD to ship it and about 2 months before you have something back.

Looks to me like the hand just need repressing on, should be a simple fix.

Your best bet though would be to read up then try to get in touch with Ziggy as he is on your continent, have a full service done and then the watch will give you years of perfect service.

perfer to do it localy instead of shipping and waiting

how do i find someone who will repair this in my area (Orlando)

For just the hand re-press...I would look for a local independent repair guy (not an AD), tell them you have a replica watch (or call it a fake as they won't understand the term "replica" and will just call it a fake anyways) and ask if they would press a hand back on your watch. If it turns out to be something more than that, they should still be able to do the hand repair.

If you want a servicing done...I would still suggest The Zigmeister as it's a complicated A7750 movement. Not many local repair guys will be able to work on them properly. They may say they can...but won't have worked on too many A7750's if any...Swiss ones maybe...