When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono Tachymetre Black

JoQ

Hi all!

carrera_tachymetre.jpg

I'm completely new to this replica-watch-thing ;)

But I have been studying this and other forums for a while now.

My first thought was the Omega Speedmaster clock, but the movement wasn't the best from what I heard, and also I do like the design on this Tag Heuer watch more.

As this is my first rep, and my first real clock ever I would love to hear some advice.

From what I know the movement is A.7750 Valjoux Automatic, 28800bph. And after searching for that I read mostly good things, but some bad. So is this movement something that will last for a long time (I know there is no guarantee)? It's a "everyday" use clock i am looking for.

And what about the chrono, it's working properly? I heard that you shouldn't play with it too much, cause it hurts the gear, is this really true? So should I not use it at all?

What service can I do to keep it working for a long time? Lubricate it or something?

Other than this, is this a good rep? I'm no clock expert, so if it's the wrong font or something, I won't notice, and i'm sure there ain't many who will.

How's the steelstrap?

At last, I think i will buy it from Precious Time, because I heard good things about them, and they ship from Europe (so no customs).

Please help a newbie out, I will really appreciate it!

Welcome Jo..

the A7750 is a good movement if properly serviced.. and from the factory it really is at times hit and miss.. although I have had good fortune with them.. and some go to Ziggy for a full service which will have to happen sooner or later .. even with the ETA 7750.. which can also be swapped for the A7750.. that is a great upgrade ..

The Omega Speedy is also a very accurate rep and have been running great for me...

speedys003e.jpg

I have the Tag white dial you have chosen and it's been running fine for a couple of years now without servicing

The Tag has no AR on the crystal fyi..

there are other Tag models coming out that you may like.. the new Aquaracer.. the last ersion was spot on also..

holla if you need more info..

Perfect Clones also ships from EU.. and have great after purchase service for parts.. etc.

AC/Lani

Guest HaloArchive

Only the Speedy's with the 12-9-6 layout are close to gen. The 3-6-9 layout rep has incorrect subdial spacing and incorrect pusher spacing. However, if the factories were to make a Speedy AUTOMATIC (Non-Professional) with the 3-6-9, it would be very accurate :)

I'm a big fan of the Speedy's also. I have the Panda dial 6 9 12 subdial version. Runs like a champ!!

I also have this rep, in both Swiss quartz and A7750. I love it, feels really clean and sharp. It's not hugely cluttered on the dial either (got the quartz before I went blind), a lot of chronos can seem real busy, but making the subdial @9 just the 4 lines was a real clever idea!!

A service on the A7750 movement and you have an amazing 'bang for buck' super quality rep that will last you a good few years!!

Great choice for a first one!!

Sixx :bones:

Oh! Thanks alot for all the replies, keep 'em coming!

I have dropped the Speedy-idea, that's a later purchase, I have decided for the Carrera. Really like the design, it's not too much, and it's really pretty!

I heard there were no AR on the Carrera, but there isn't on the real one either. For me it doesn't matter, I have no clue how a clock with or without AR looks :) I'll survive without it, won't I?

Is there some service I could do by myself, or is it only for professionals?

If you guys got pictures of this Carrera, black dial i would love to see them!

Thanks once again!

EDIT: Maybe I'm blind but I can't seem to find Perfect Clones site? I don't want to google, too many scam sites!

Edited by JoQ

Update: Ordered the watch from Perfect Clones right now!

Can't wait to see it!

EDIT: When I recieve it, was is there to think about, should i shake it for a while to get the rotor moving and charging? And what about setting time and date, heard that the date should not be set during a timeperiod on the 7750?

Any tips are welcome!

Edited by JoQ

Update: Ordered the watch from Perfect Clones right now!

Can't wait to see it!

EDIT: When I recieve it, was is there to think about, should i shake it for a while to get the rotor moving and charging? And what about setting time and date, heard that the date should not be set during a timeperiod on the 7750?

Any tips are welcome!

Congrats JoQ! Im sure you have made the correct choice. Look forward to see it. Have not used an A7750 movement before so not sure about its functions. But with all automatics you usually just give them a quick wind to start, set the date / day / time etc. Yes with most automatics you dont mess with the functions between 10pm - 1am........

BTW...not sure if you saw this review of the Carrera (same watch...different dial versions):

b16a2's Great Review of the Tag Heur Carrera

I tried to find another...but can't seem to. It's a great watch. The only complaint I have on mine (I have the Carrera Racing with the red hands) is that the bracelet links are not as tight as the gen...and have gaps in them...similar to my vintage gen Rolex bracelet :)

The datewheel is not great...but after a quick datewheel swap...it's great. The rotor is not as nice as the Carrera Day-Date...and doesn't sport the regulator or the ETA fastening nut...but these can be upgraded if you feel like it...but I don't think it's really worth the effort. The datewheel is questionable...I did it...but not sure if you need to.

It's a very nice piece...nice size too.

Welcome to the rep experience.

Toadtorrent, thanks for the reply.

Look here: http://www.perfect-hour.com/tg10054-carrera-automatic-chronograph-black-a7750-28800bph-p-2521.html

That's where I bought it and it says its got a functional regulator?

Yeah the rotor isnt the latest model, but it looks nice anyway.

I don't care about the datewheel, how do you change that by the way?

Toadtorrent, thanks for the reply.

Look here: http://www.perfect-hour.com/tg10054-carrera-automatic-chronograph-black-a7750-28800bph-p-2521.html

That's where I bought it and it says its got a functional regulator?

Yeah the rotor isnt the latest model, but it looks nice anyway.

I don't care about the datewheel, how do you change that by the way?

I've heard of these newer movements coming with the functional regulator...haven't bought one myself though. I know there are a few factories that make the A7750...so source the right one and get the better features. Cool.

The watch looks good.

There are a few datewheel change tutorials around. Shoot me a PM and I'll try and remember to search for the links later when I'm at home.

Got the watch, exactly one week after i ordered it. I'm really satisfied, Joshua from Perfect Clones (www.perfect-hour.com) has been fantastic, everything has went smooth, the clock is superb, and working really well. Just watch this pictures below, looks pretty nice right?

I noticed something, the thing that's holding the bearing on the rotor, looks exactly like the original one, not with the "gears", it's like the original. And it also got the adjustment-screw. Really great!

p1010275q.jpg

p1010276v.jpg

p1010277o.jpg

p1010278y.jpg

p1010279f.jpg

p1010281t.jpg

p1010282f.jpg

EDIT: I know it's not got AR, the original doesnt have that, and really, I don't mind at all!

Edited by JoQ

Good choice on a first rep. I own the same watch :)

I bought mine second hand and it keeps great time and all the chrono functions work. I don't use them though, just checked to see if they did. I love the way this watch looks.