When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sell a franken SA for a gen?

mastmampf

Hello,

i am thinking of selling one of my 5 franken SAs for purchasing a gen.

This model definetely gets as good as no wrist time. It has a gen blue batons dial and a gen black Breitling calf strap, movement has also been regulated through my watchsmith.

So what do you guys think?

p1040299.jpgw1800.png

p1040300.jpgw1800.png

p1040301.jpgw1800.png

p1040303.jpgw1350.png

p1040302m.jpgw1800.png

p1040305.jpgw1350.png

p1040306.jpgw1350.png

Sell or not sell?

Greetz from Germany

Matz

Tough call. Depends on your motivation for going gen I guess (ie: what do you gain?). Aside from maybe exchanging the movement on this to a gen ETA I'm not sure what else the gen SA would offer over and above what you've got. And I'm sure you could do a movement swap for much less then the cost of upgrading. To answer your question....Dunno :unknw:

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldnt bother getting a gen if you have a good franken... especially with the super avenger. There isnt much difference really.. even the movement is almost the same.. Ive had gen super avengers and rep super avengers and now i just have my one rep black dial SA that is my daily wear watch along with my gen Rolex 16610. I wouldnt get another gen SA. Not worth the extra $ IMHO. The gen SA is just an ETA powered watch.. get a rep, toss in a gen dial, gen bracelet and get it serviced and you are good to go. ANd you've just saved thousands of $