When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 253 Regatta Question

Slan9e

Do you think the 253 is worth the investment for swapping to ETA? It does not even have sapphire, but just mineral...

Second, the crystal is a big risk. I had at least 5-6 crystal explosions with the pam253. For me it was the reason to sell my fully modded 253.

Good luck.

Well its my favorite watch, i havent encountered a problem since one year that im using it, i might be lucky (i've read a lot of complaints about the crystal though). so i think i'll go ahead with the project and if the crystal breaks or smthing i will use the movement in another watch :thumbsupsmileyanim: .

But please help me with my question, is this the right layout (subdials location) movement for swapping?

, will i have a problem with the hands or the rotor fitting the movement? If so when can i source hands and an engraved rotor for an swiss movement?

Thanx in advance!

Edited by Slan9e

• 2 weeks later...

Any help ?

Please let me know which is the correct movement for swapping..

The swiss ETA's you listed are identical except one has blue screws and the other normal colored. In either case, both of them with some modification would work. You would have to have a modder mod your hands so that they would fit on the Swiss cannon pin stack. You should talk to VACUUM about it. Send him a PM and ask his opinion.