When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch People

P4GTR

I was talking with a friend about this, and I thought it'd be funny to have a thread about it. Stereotypical watch people. These guys you've seen before, you know them well, and can tell me 20 things about them or less in 10 seconds, so chime in with your own, this could be pretty funny.

For instance, here's a few to start:

The Know it All:

He was there when cape cod cloth was invented. You just wasted $1000 on Bergeon tools, they arent as good as this "Kluchec" (I made that up) brand tools he uses. You advise that since its been 10 years, he should have his 7750 serviced. He will ask you why? He services his own 7750's, but its not broken. He leaves the chrono running too, because it doesnt matter and looks better. He owns one gen, a stainless Breitling which is, obviously, the best watch ever made. He can source his own 316L steel, because.. He put Rolex in touch with the guy that made that stuff. The precious stones in your gen Rolex do not fire like the diamonds he can get you from his friend Frank.

The watchmaker:

He hates watches. He works at a mall kiosk and is either over the age of 60, Asian, or both. Any straps or cases larger than 17mm are huge and trendy. Hamilton makes his favorite watches, he owns one, from the 70's. He won't work on Rolex, Omega, Tag... this is because he's forgotten how to do anything other than change batterys and install those stretchy metal bracelets. If you ask him if he has any NATO straps in stock, he spints a plastic display on the counter to reveal florecent colored "Shark Wrapz" velcro surfer watch straps.

Looking forward to someone doing "The Submariner".. :rofl:

The Anthropomorphizer: Attributes human like characteristics to his/her watches. Often treating the watches better than their actual human spouse, children and friends. Often refers to Straps as "New Shoes". This person will also often name the watch: Sally Submariner, Timmy Tag, Howie Heuer, Otto Omega, Britney Brightling, Nikki the Navi, Penelope Panerai.

Whatever you do, don't get them talking about their "twins" especially the fraternal ones with black face -vs- white face. :lol: