When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How smooth should an A7750 run?

Danny Boy

I'm just curious as to how smooth an A7750 movement should run? I've not had it serviced or anything and I can see judders in the movement if I look closely. Is that the case with a real swiss movement aswell or is that completely smooth? should mine be completely smooth?

The watch it's on is a chrono with seconds at 9.. i can see slight judder/delay in the second hand and the chrono hand judders aswell when i run it.

If this is just part of the characteristics of an A7750.. which movement should i think about getting in my next replica to avoid this?

Kind Regards

Danny

Hi

No modern automatic movement has a completely smooth sweep. I have a Gen IWC with 7750 and the Chrono sec makes visible steps as well, although only visible if you take a very close look. A 28800 bph movement will make 8 steps a second, I think.

Kind regards

Val.

there is no way that there will be a completely full sweep. it is just the way of the specs will say. 21.600bph movements give you 6 'ticks' per second. 28.800bph give you 8 ticks per seconds. simple as that. So it will always be 8 little ticks per second and that is visible to the naked eye.

If you have a movement with the seconds at 3 or 12 or 6, the movement of the seconds will be even more jerky because of the extra placed gears between 9 and the desired place of the seconds subdial.

But if the movement is a bit dirty in places or not properly lubricated, than the seconds sweep can be more jerky.

just my 2 cents.

I would have to say that Hooky has given you a very good description of the 7750. All my 7750's (eight) have a slight jerky movement. If you want the smoothest sweep possable I would go with a ETA three hand movement. The Asian clones are also very smooth, you can see some videos on youtube that show the smooth sweep of these movements, good luck :drinks: Mike