When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pleas Join this facebook group

Dani

They have already killed 100's of family dogs just due to their looks.

A Doberman is not born as an attack dog

A Pitbull is not born as an dogfighter

Pleas admins let it stay here, its so important for me and this cause to get as most members as we can and support..Off topic section here is no people in..

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=717947603#/group.php?gid=134920590612&ref=mf

Read this people

ENGLISH READERS:

This is Majlo, a gentle 2 year old dog - probably the most famous dog in Norway. He once was a beloved member of a family, who trusted him so much that they used to let him guard their baby. But Majlo’s life took a sudden change in February of this year when he was taken by the police and ordered killed. He was locked up in a secret place, where he now has been for half a year, awaiting his fate. In order to meet him, his family has to pay about 500 dollars, in addition to the 250 dollars they are claimed for each week for his stay. This means that they can’t afford to see their own dog.

Majlo’s only “fault” is that he belongs to a breed that is forbidden in Norway. Sadly, his family was unaware of this law when they moved to Norway from Sweden where the breed is legal. When the police in Norway took action, it was a great shock to Majlo's family when they returned to their flat one day and found Majlo missing.

The police took no notice of the provision of the Act, which allows forbidden breeds to leave the country, and insisted on Majlo being killed instead, although he has never harmed anyone. The family and several others appealed to the Police Department, but there was no pardon for Majlo - the Police Department maintained the decision to kill him.

In the meantime, thousands of people signed a declaration to free Majlo. He had become a symbol of the injustice that allows innocent family dogs to be killed, only because their breed is used in illegal dogfights, while the criminals taking part in this abusive sport, seldom or never are accused.

However, the family couldn’t give up their beloved dog, whom they cried for every day, and they commenced the case for the court. Fortunately, the court rescinded the judgment to kill Majlo, and gave him and his family free passage back to Sweden. People all over Norway rejoiced this victory. Almost 25.000 persons had signed the declaration to free Majlo, and they were all looking forward to see the happy reunion of Majlo and his family, and the end of the disgraceful and unjust treatment from the police – whose only interest has been their own principles and prestige.

But for these cynical principles and prestige, the Police Department has now decided to appeal the verdict. For Majlo this means a prolonged time in captivity and misery, away from the family he is so strongly attached to, and for his family it means several more months of separation from their dog; anxiety for his well-being and fear for his life, and of course high expenses to pay for his imprisonment.

Please write to the Police Department and to the Minister of Justice – asking them to withdraw the appeal and release Majlo. This dear boy shall not have to die for some absurd principles, and his family should not be deprived of their best friend.

Please all of you - act now! Majlo and his family need your help!

Write to:

The Police Department: politidirektoratet@politiet.no Att.: Christian Budsberg Pettersen

The Minister of Justice: knut.storberget@jd.dep.no

You will find a more detailed description of this case on the discussion board, under the headline 'English version'.

Please help us try to change this by joining the group, recruiting members to the group, and most importantly – SIGN THE PETITION!!

I can't sign the Petition

"This petition is closed. Thank you for your interest."

Hi,

Seems that many gets this, i dont now why..I em not an admin in the group.

But by join you are doing the cause a big favor the more people involved the better..

I have tried to ask why people can sign it, no answer yet but visit the link in second post.

Thanks,

Dani

Dani.

Brings a lot of emotion to my mind.. so I sent this email

I am writing this from Hawaii,.. and have heard of the situation with Maljo a beloved part of a family,.. not a dog.. but a family member..

I felt the need to compose this to you,.. with all respect to your laws and country.. all Maljo's family is asking is that he be returned to them .. as would any family whose family member is in imminent danger for their life ..

I can understand somewhat the principles of "laws" and their purpose.. but can also understand the love and pain that Maljo and his family are experiencing now... if they are to return to Sweden .. I see no fault in releasing Maljo to his family.

As one who has benefited from another one of God's creatures.. I implore you to do the Humane thing and let this family be together again!!! SAFELY

Very Truly Yours

Randall I.

Thank you for posting this

AC/Lani

This chaps my a$$! Here is a loving family with a great dog and they lose him to some BS law created by some brainless law marker that felt these dogs serve only the purpose of being breed to fight or attack.

They are in Norway! Not from the ghettoes of Detroit where everyone fears these dogs, because 99% of them are breed to fight!

Created a account but same as AmStaff "Petition Closed. Thank you for your interest."

http://www.cvfaf.org/MAJLO.html

Try this.

Thanks to all for their support, its such a good breed that is why its so extreme shame it gets abused by so much people..And worst of all is that is not a good attack dog and its not easy to train, this just show have stupid the people that abuse this dog breed for personal protection..As its never supposed to be breed as a human aggressive dog that is stated in the Breed profile, in early days they killed of pits that show any sign of aggressiveness towards humans when in a dogfight(judges in rings) or anywhere else..Thanks to humans becoming more educated we no longer have dogfights as before but they sadly still accure amongst idiots..

If you just think BAN BAN BAN then where we end up? its like going around a problem and not dealing direct whit the cause of it..

That it even gets banned some places in the US is incredible, as its such an decorated breed in combat and the white house..Pitbulls are the US breed, if you say pitbull i think UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.