When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The infamous first purchase

Broker1981

Lani,

I never knew you had a Silberstein! I've always meant to get one, but just never get around to it. The fun whimsy of the watch was something that always appealed to me, and I thought the kids might like it as well.

Might have to add one to my list for '10...

:)

I can vision you wearing this R :thumbsupsmileyanim:size is perfect for ya..

it's a jazzy piece and one where the complications actually work

looking at the white dials.. they are also cool..

agree ... Reese'rs.. and Gibgab would get a kick.. Reese'r will be entranced with the workings I'm sure.. it's in his blood.. B)

Okay; you've cinched the deal for me, R. I'm definitely putting this one down on my list :)

Not sure what occassions will present itself where I can where this, but maybe the Silberstein really needs no occassion at all ;)

wanna wear mine for awhile ??.. i need to try and find the "tool' to turn the crown.. Reese'r will be down for that :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I got the replies from both Josh and Andrew.

Josh's solution was for me to buy an extra bracelet at USD 65, and mount the links myself. This means that i'd also have to buy the proper tools to extend the bracelet which would run me an extra USD 68. So using this solution i'd be out USD 133 and praying a silent prayer that it's an easy operation as i've never done this before.

Andrew solved the problem like this: "No problems with extra links.. I don't charge extra at all."

I'll be making my purchase with Andrew. :)

How about the Omega Railmaster XXL?

Thank you for the suggestion. It is the first Omega to be suggested. I was however put off by the leather straps. Not knowing wether they are long enough and being unable to extend them. I did like the vintage look of the model, but it'd have to be a future purchase.

:victory:

I got the replies from both Josh and Andrew.

Josh's solution was for me to buy an extra bracelet at USD 65, and mount the links myself. This means that i'd also have to buy the proper tools to extend the bracelet which would run me an extra USD 68. So using this solution i'd be out USD 133 and praying a silent prayer that it's an easy operation as i've never done this before.

Andrew solved the problem like this: "No problems with extra links.. I don't charge extra at all."

I'll be making my purchase with Andrew. :)

Great you have it worked out.. sheesh.. you must have like a 9" wrist :rolleyes: