When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Hommage by GETAT

CzechMate

Hi folks,

I am no Panerista, so please be tolerant on me and my short review. I am pretty sure, that you would find some flaws on my new watch, either in terms of Panerai resemblance, or in quaility, but for sure this watch became immediately my favorite watch and I still wonder how is that possible... Is it that simple and yet stylish design, or that masculine look, or simply the hype about Panerai? Dunno, but for sure I immediately fell in deep love... :lol:

I have ordered this watch from Tat at GETAT Watches at the beginning of December. After selecting the case style (brushed, polished), hands (gold or blue), strap (several styles) and crystal (mineral or saphire) I placed an order, pped money and soon received an email confirmation. Few hours later, Tat came back to me, offering different strap, as mine was not available. I am so happy with the one he has offered, I think this is the best strap I have seen in my life. One remark: in one of threads at other rep forum, I read that Getats straps are cheap. I can honestly say, that this strap is as far from looking and being cheap, as Cuba is far from being a civilized democratic country with high appreciation of human rights.

Although I have opted for regular airmail, I was provided with tracking number. Cool...:D

My watch arrived after a month, although a big part of that time it spent sitting at HongKong post depot waiting for shippment, dunno why?

After receiving the package, I was a little bit surprised by the fact, that the strap was very stiff. I could not wear it comfortably and I thought I will have to use some oil. But after reading some recomendation here that twisting it and bending for some time will help, I decided to give it a try and voila, here it is, soft and very comfy strap! I took about 10 minutes, easy and quick. Can recommend!

The movement has no engraving at all, so does the case. Clean and tidy. It has a very little flaw near one of the lugs, where there is a very hardly noticable spot of uneven grinding - very small flaw, noticable only under certain light. Other than that the case is perfect, IMHO. I just regret I have not opted for polished case. On the other hand, I can now polish the bezel and then I will have brushed case with polished bezel - cool looking combo. ;)

So far (three days), the movement has gained 16 seconds, pretty damned good IMO, on par with my genuine Steinhart with gen 6497.

This watch is superlumed, so see bellow how nice lume it has. Sweet! :cool:

Thank you for looking and I will highly welcome your comments, especialy those flattering ones! :lol:

imgp3608.th.jpg

imgp3613.th.jpg

imgp3597.th.jpg

imgp3599.th.jpg

imgp3600.th.jpg

imgp3606.th.jpg

Edited by CzechMate

thats a looker

i'm contemplating something similar myself and was fancying this also from tat, i was going for brushed but polished may be a goer.

Superlume 44mm luminor style case black dial with white numberals watch

Case Option : Polished Steel

Front glass : Sapphire

Hands Colour : Silver

Movement : Normal Stainless Steel

Strap Option : Wooden Brown