When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So now dealers are selling gen watches!?

plaifender

I did some investigation and this is what I've heard from my dealers:

• These are 1:1 replicas that were originally made for the gray market (if you're not familiar with this those are very expensive reps made to be sold as used gen, hence a much higher standard)
  • None of the parts are genuine. They are however very high quality reps, including the strap which is made from genuine croc hide.
  • With these supperep the factories won't release pictures to be posted on dealers sites for obvious reasons as they are designed to fool even ADs. Detailed pictures might reveal the defects. The fact we are seeing the pics indicates there are obvious flaws.
  • Usually those superreps are not available as retail (wholesale only)
  • This particular model has been available as wholesale for a few months and for some reason it made into the retail space (I suspect quality has something to do with that decision. I'd bet it didn't make the cut as a gray market item)
  • There are only two factories making those and they will wait until a certain number of orders from the dealers are in to manufacture them, so the notion that there are 500 of those available is false. Those are made by order and there's a wait period to get them. The factories won't assemble them until the see the money.

It would be very interesting to see a member review of this one. However at this price range and certainly with flaws getting a used gen may be a better route.