When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new 111H - finally the one I am satisfied with

Whatever123

Nice PAM, and I'll agree thats the closest Cotes De Geneve engraving I've ever seen on a rep Asian movement. Pity everything else about that movement is wrong.

Hi unreg,

you're the expert... so what is wrong about the movement (except the "Officine Panerai" writing, which is obviously wrong)?

Anyway, I know I won't get a perfect rep, that's why I am going for a gen 111. As soon as I've got the funds together... :whistling:

Cheers

W.

Hi unreg,

you're the expert... so what is wrong about the movement (except the "Officine Panerai" writing, which is obviously wrong)?

Anyway, I know I won't get a perfect rep, that's why I am going for a gen 111. As soon as I've got the funds together... :whistling:

Cheers

W.

You really really want to know? :D

Yours

P1150652.jpg

Gen

DSC_0022.jpg

You got the first thing correct, the engraved OFFICINE PANERAI :)

The other thing wrong is the balance wheel area;

1) Balance wheel spokes are straight and not flared

2) Shock system is the older novadiac shock instead of the newer incabloc

3) Wrong cutout, or better phrase would be, no cutout because of incorrect shock system. Gen has a Y cutout

4) Needle regulator instead of dagger

5) Main gear's teeth in the centre are overly large, indicating this is the older/slower 6497-1 movement beating at 17k/bph

6) Each of the jewels does not sit in a countersunk hole with polished edges

7) Blued screws are painted, gen blued screws only have the tips blue, the base of the groove still shows bare steel.

8) Edges of the main winding barrels are not polished enough, can still see a brushed surface

Other than that, its a lovely movement for that finish of the main plates

You're truly an expert... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I can see all the things you pointed out, nevertheless in doesn't bug me that much. I have seen quite some 111h replicas during the last few months and they all have their flaws. If one thing is better on a model, another one is off instead...

When I've got the gen, I think I'll still be wearing this one on holidays.

Cheers

Whatever123