When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the Proper AR for gen 127 and 111H?

nicewatchdude

okay, thanks :) this is the REX AR treatment. Flav said it was like the older 111 Gen Pams as far

as amount of blue goes, but I've seen it without blue tint and wanted to double check.

yes that looks real close, but when i remember the gen has a slighter hue, not so visible like this on your pics. but a little bit to blue me thinks

Edited by nicemetal

Depends on the environment. In doors with some normal down lights on medium, the crystal looks almost invisible for a 112J that I held at a watch meet. Outdoors in full sunlight, obvious blue sheen can be seen, but nothing as bad as say LH's AR.

That said, between models it changes. 177H I've seen very strong purple hue (some pics over at RG), 104J in hand purple and 25H in hand purple under flouresant lighting

127 can't help.

Personally, I find the "standard rep AR" too blue. The modern gens have what appears to be a really good quality single AR. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Just my opinion, but, I would tend to say go NO AR or go Chief AR.

I Cheif AR'd my 112h and 177h, and the pure clarity, almost impossibly to see dk purple/brownish AR IMHO makes it appear more plausibly gen. This is based on the quality the crystal takes on. If someone is going to call me out for "too good / better than gen AR", then they are probably a member here and better say so. :D