When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HELP first rep purchased and its broke!

burst

Just bought 2 breitlings off one of the sellers on the forum. From day one (this Tuesday) on one the rotor spins when you manually wind it. The other stops working completley when ever it feels like it :( The seller has told me to take it to get fixed and they will re-emburse me after the repairs. The problem is here in Tampa I cant find anyone to work on reps. Help on this one, should I ask for new watches or go along with the seller and trie to get it fixed???? Now my wife is on my case that I spent so much to buy broken chinese watches :bangin:

Edited by burst

I personally wouldn't ask for new watches, I would probably send them back to the sellers and request that they fix them. If the packages were insured, I might try going through insurance instead.

I personally wouldn't ask for new watches, I would probably send them back to the sellers and request that they fix them. If the packages were insured, I might try going through insurance instead.

The only problem is its a RWG vendor and the watches came from China, so shipping would cost some $$

sounds like the one where the rotor spins when manually winding.. the watch needs a full service.. the gears may be all gummed up.. .. may be the case with the second one also.. taking it to a watch smith in the States.. let alone to find one that will work on reps.. could be pricey.. your best bet is to have them replaced.. however you work that out with the seller is up to you and he/she.. if you take it to a watch smith of your choosing and it breaks later.. you'll be out of pocket even more... this is the issues that are common in the hobby.

hope you can find a win-win situation..

it will probably need to go back registered.. and as gift.. 30 usd.. no mention of rep.. but the seller should give you instructions..

AC/Lani

The black one looks ok i think all its the spring holding back the reversing wheel thats not enganging properly, I opened it up and everything looks clean and new. Its the other one im worried about. Yeah I emailed Vac see what he says. If anyone else knows anyone near Tampa let me know. Thanks.

The black one looks ok i think all its the spring holding back the reversing wheel thats not enganging properly, I opened it up and everything looks clean and new. Its the other one im worried about. Yeah I emailed Vac see what he says. If anyone else knows anyone near Tampa let me know. Thanks.

Did you try Sead?

Just bought 2 breitlings off one of the sellers on the forum. From day one (this Tuesday) on one the rotor spins when you manually wind it. The other stops working completley when ever it feels like it :( The seller has told me to take it to get fixed and they will re-emburse me after the repairs. The problem is here in Tampa I cant find anyone to work on reps. Help on this one, should I ask for new watches or go along with the seller and trie to get it fixed???? Now my wife is on my case that I spent so much to buy broken chinese watches :bangin:

Dont despair burst, you're not alone. Going through the same process at the moment (including the explanation to the wife...). It's frustrating, but hopefully when all is done, the perfect watch is enough to help us forget about the pain! Mine lasted 2 days of working sporadically.

Hope it all works out for you mate.

mg