When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Meassured sizes of a ROO

MADRED7

Dear members,

as of late some of you asked for the size of a ROO....well, there are basicly 2 sizes...

1) the standard ROO with all its models like Themes, Volcano, EoD, Las Vegas, BBB, RB2....and

2) the non-standard, super huge T3 and Shaquille O´Neill

I was able to meassure 1) , a black Themes with a digital caliper....see the pics and sizes below.

TAKE NOTE: allthough the ROO is just 42mm in diameter it wears as big as a PANERAI. The watch will wear even bigger if you have it on bracelet rather than on a strap. All black versions wear smaller than their ss conterparts (i.e. EoD, Las Vegas, BB, SURVIVOR)...this is just due to the black color and happens with all black coated watches (I remember how shocked I was unwrapping my "tiny" 44mm IWC TopGun ceramic :g: )

2) these puppies are monsters, I thought hey 47mm I am used to wear (most of my PAnnies, Breitlings, Hublot King Power...), but no way, I was so wrong. Allthough I love big watches, the T3 or Shaq LE with both 47mm in size are way too big for my 6.5" wrist...they just look wrong sitting ON my wrist like a spider waiting for a victim.

Anyway, the standard ROO wears bigger than 42mm, but if you are used to PANERAI, you will pull a ROO off....and don´t forget that a ROO is completely different in looks with an inner Tachy (rehaut) and a thick outer bezel and those hex-screws.

Hope this helps peeps to decide.....my love is AP and my old love was OP, so I might be biased.

Cheers mates,

Theo

P.S.: the black Themes pictured is the real deal :p

post-334-126388133815_thumb.jpg

post-334-126388135184_thumb.jpg

post-334-126388136104_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much for informations!

I am completely stund from the looks of roo... The blue is fantastic, the black also, the white even more!...

But i have a small wrist...

Its perimeter is 17.2cm or 6.77in and in the biger dimension is 5.7cm or 2.24in

Do you think that a roo will fit good in my wrist??

I just saw this thread. And I was actually wondering about the overall height of the watch. I see you have a seconds at 12. I have always wondered if the height is correct to the gen. The rubber gasket has always looked way too thick to me and the case back looked off as well but I don't currently own a gen and there is a limit to how often I can walk into the AP boutique a block away. And no, I don't wear the rep into the Boutique. :lol:

I had the Ultimate black themes Sec's@12, the bezel width may 'only' be 42mm but the case design means the Lug to Lug measurement is more like a Super Avenger than a Steelfish :Jumpy:

Unfortunately, the weight of the watchhead, the design of the bracelet and the very short strap length mean't I couldn't wear it comfortably. Having said that my father-in-law who hates big watches and has slightly smaller wrists than mine loved it and was gutted when I sold it! So I guess that means the only way to find out if it's right for you is to try it :evil2:

well, what the dealers sell as the Paris Boutique is not really the PB....its more a nice chrono with wonderful dial...but with wrong caseback, wrong movement config, wrong size, wrong strap...anyway, I like it and it is the same size as my ROO´s....see my pic.

Theo

EDIT: it has a good and reliable asian 7750...no probs

post-334-126521741408_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...