When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Survivor Sec@12

Guest Sql_pl

So today finally after a long wait my Survivor arrived together with 2 other watches.

Ohh I have to say I really missed that excitement of tearing the packaging to reveal some nice goodies!

My first reaction when I saw the Survivor in all it's glory was... ugh! :)

Probably because I am not a huge fan of black watches, I tend to choose SS, I need that SS shine :)

I was also never a huge fan of this particular model but when it was released I could not help myself.

No after an hour on a wrist I have to say it has really grown on me big time.

Fit and finish is amazing. Pusher protectors work great, never had a gen in my hands but I assume that's how they should work there too. No floppiness at all.

Dial looks superb, I am very happy they managed to get the silver subdial correct finally! Not too dark, not too shiny, just perfect!

Hands look beautiful, even AP logo has white stripe of what looks to may be actual lume between A and P.

Strap is great, has the exact same texture as gen from what I can tell comparing pics. Huge nice buckle has nice markings on inside part.

I have to say they definately did amazing job here and I am looking forward to more watches replicated at this level! It is going to be a good year for sure.

Now on to the eyecandy!

95548364.jpg

62372169.jpg

93087608.jpg

57633296.jpg

37024393.jpg

46961569.jpg

82000340.jpg

96473420.jpg

85654758.jpg

s10l.jpg

s11k.jpg

s12g.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.

Thanks!

Hey Sql........i think youre the first to get one? :thumbsupsmileyanim: Congrats...sure is a BEAST!!! I love everything about it except the chrono protectors......case, dial, sub dials, hands, bezel all rock!! Enjoy yours in good health.....

Wow that looks soo good. All I was waiting for is for you to get yours so I can hear your complaints if any and I'm glad you like it cause I'll order mine sometime this week. I was mainly intrested in hearing about the operation of the pusher covers. I was worried about it being floppy so that basically nails it for me. How about the bezel gasket? was it the same as the original pics or is it in the correct location?

I love everything about it except the chrono protectors...

You are perfectly right! I would also prefer it with regular Offshore crown and pushers. These thingys are the only thing that is not really that great in this watch in terms of design.

Very nice. I had two of these earlier and I feel bezel nuts were better in early ones but this one looks really OK in real life, only pics make nuts alignment look a bit off.

Damn that's a beautiful piece!!!

I just can't get by the pusher guards... if there was something like that without them, I'd be all over it...

The factories sure have lifted their game with the Survivor!!!

Quick question... How are the guards retained? are ther spring plungers at the base or something like that?

Yes, cover open/close action is amazingly good. It seems to be somehow spring loaded, very nice, stiff movement. No wobble at all. And great "click" sound when you close them.

Congratulations my friend, enjoy and wear them well. You do take the nest pictures!!

Question, can you speak to the concerns you had with the bezzle and the positioning of the seal as per your earlier posts.?

What is your feeling on that discrepancy with the GEN and is it something that at quick glance someone would know and or say... "it's a rep"

Obviously the quality on this one is top notch...

and here I was a month ago complaining about nothing new out there... Looks like I need to get on it!

Thanks for your kind words.

@goodfella,

It looks like they fixed that gasket position in latest pieces, Puretimewatch pics show it without that gasket. Mine is the "Additional Gasket Edition" as I ordered it a bit too fast but I can honestly say it is not a big deal even for me. In real life it is BARELY noticeable. I was thinking about trying to get it out of there but I am afraid bezel screws may get scratched so I think I will live with it as it is.