When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do Longer Pam Deployment Clasps Exist?

Alan_Schezar

Hello,

I recently bought a PAM104 from Joshua (looks great BTW!) that came with a black calf strap with a deployment clasp. It works fine, but the clasp is too short... I can't open the clasp and slide the watch over my hand and on to my wrist. And I do not have big hands. They're in between a medium and a large glove size.

So to put the watch onto my wrist, I need to move the clasp to the furthest hole to make the strap opening the widest, then slide the watch over my wrist, then move the clasp to a nearer hole to make the strap fit snug on my wrist, then close the clasp. To take off my watch, it's the same thing in reverse! It takes a while to do this too, since you're using one hand...

I figure that if the deployment clasp was longer, then I could keep the clasp set in the hole that I want, then just open and close the deployment whenever I want to put on or take off my watch.

Does Panerai make such a clasp?

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated,

Thanks,

:notworthy:

Hello,

I recently bought a PAM104 from Joshua (looks great BTW!) that came with a black calf strap with a deployment clasp. It works fine, but the clasp is too short... I can't open the clasp and slide the watch over my hand and on to my wrist. And I do not have big hands. They're in between a medium and a large glove size.

So to put the watch onto my wrist, I need to move the clasp to the furthest hole to make the strap opening the widest, then slide the watch over my wrist, then move the clasp to a nearer hole to make the strap fit snug on my wrist, then close the clasp. To take off my watch, it's the same thing in reverse! It takes a while to do this too, since you're using one hand...

I figure that if the deployment clasp was longer, then I could keep the clasp set in the hole that I want, then just open and close the deployment whenever I want to put on or take off my watch.

Does Panerai make such a clasp?

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated,

Thanks,

:notworthy:

Are you opening both sides of the clasp? My hands are much bigger than my wrist, but it fits over my hand fine... You must have some big hand:wrist ratio going on there :blink:

• 3 months later...