When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO Gen parts?

kamber

Hi,

I've got a 45mm UPO and a another one on the way (best version) was looking for some advice on where to get the gen parts from and how easy it would be to swap them out. Lani has said the tube and crown will be the first swap outs to do, might do the dial and the hands depending on the cost and if it makes a big difference (i'm presuming the lume and details would be better?)

The lume on this one is great for about 20 minutes then it fades, thats with holding it up to a halogen light for a couple of minutes before hand too!? Whats the normal time for the lume to be bright on these and on the Gen's?

Cheers.

Parts do come up on the bay. But Ofrei also sells a number of the parts. Here is the link:

http://www.ofrei.com/page_146.html

You would want to prioritize those as the parts can run you into too much money. The basic rep is excellent in any case. Crown and tube is definitely the standard upgrade. the next level is insert if it is an orange one. The black insert is IMHO very well done. Dial and hands would come next. And then the HE valve. I can't comment on the lume as I don't remember how good or bad it is. If you are contemplating a relume check out the price of the gen dial versus a relume. No one ever got that logo perfect on the rep.