When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

t crown and DSN stem help!

stallonepanerai

To my knowledge, the springloaded portion is part of the crown. Pictured is a DSN SS springloaded crown

IMG_2682-1.jpg

Once you unscrew the stem (heat, vinegar etc), the 6497 stem is just a threaded long bar that should screw straight into a T-crown

The only thing you have to be concerned about is length. Because of the extra spring loaded area, the DSN stems are slightly shorter so you can't screw all the way in. You need to measure it correctly and either glue it down, or get a new stem.

I worded it wrong. yes the crown is spring loaded not the stem. can i get a t crown and use my dsn stem?????????????

I would start with a new stem... that way you can fine tune it to the right length for the new crown. A small O-ring placed into the inset area of the crown (between the back of the crown and the case) will give a limited, but similar feel of a spring-loaded crown.

First you have to determine the size of the threading of your T crown. Next you will probably have to use a new stem, as the threaded shaft of the T crown will accept a larger portion of the threaded end of the stem, than the DSN one would (bringing it closer to the case, or making the stem too short to fit into the movement properly. You should get a few new stems, as it will be a hit and miss operation - cutting small amounts, then sanding the end down bit by bit. You may also have to shave the feet of the CG down in order for the CG lever to press on the top of the crown. But be careful here as well, since sanding them too far down, will make it impossible to pull out the crown far enough to set the time. Like I said, hit and miss.