When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is anyone here a Stickler for time?

lanikai

but hey is it only me or...

when you look at you wristwatch do you always remember what time it is when you looked at it?? :D the problem for beeing too late is the watch is too beauty :rofl:

realy i look at my pam at the moment but i cant remember what time it is :p

denz

this was my thought when I posted the Q D.. :lol:

I mean how many times a day does one (of us) look at their timepiece and really notice the time.. 50/50 ... 60/40 .. 70/30 ???? what are we looking at?? why are we looking?? :lol: ..Damn ..Tits .. Asses, Cars and watches.. and who say's the male species is shallow.. :unsure:

and anything more than a couple of watches would be viewed by most as strange.. :brow:

this was my thought when I posted the Q D.. :lol:

I mean how many times a day does one (of us) look at their timepiece and really notice the time.. 50/50 ... 60/40 .. 70/30 ???? what are we looking at?? why are we looking?? :lol: ..Damn ..[censored] .. Asses, Cars and watches.. and who say's the male species is shallow.. :unsure:

and anything more than a couple of watches would be viewed by most as strange.. :brow:

haha, I'm with Deniz,

got caught out at work last week when I was meeting with one of my team. I looked down at my new and fav wtach, the Navi. and he said to me "ah, sorry -you've got a meeting". I said oh no, just thought of something happening at another branch. I was too embarassed to tell him I was perving at my beautiful watch. Didn't even look at the hands...

mg

haha, I'm with Deniz,

got caught out at work last week when I was meeting with one of my team. I looked down at my new and fav wtach, the Navi. and he said to me "ah, sorry -you've got a meeting". I said oh no, just thought of something happening at another branch. I was too embarassed to tell him I was perving at my beautiful watch. Didn't even look at the hands...

mg

To funny.. I really wonder how many times in a 12 hour cycle I view the dial I'm wearing and not even notice the hand placement, or how many times I take out my collection to just look at them like I would artwork.. or look at the strap..or flick dust off the crystal.. or panic that the crystal is scratched when it's a blemish that can be wiped off...

Yup.. definite cerebral issues here.. :whistling:

Or maybe I just love watches.. :victory:

Being on time is an absolute must for me. I am a disciplinarian for punctual time keeping. I find tardiness in people very irritating and shows a lack of character.

+1 Set my timepiece to the second first thing in the morning togheter with my morning smoke :D Even though I have nowhere to be at any time victory.gif

I like to do what ever I can to be on time or even early for everything I do. My fiancee on the other hand seems to do everything she can to be late. I just tell her we need to be somewhere 30 minutes before hand, and that seems to work out ok (most of the time) :D

I like to do what ever I can to be on time or even early for everything I do. My fiancee on the other hand seems to do everything she can to be late. I just tell her we need to be somewhere 30 minutes before hand, and that seems to work out ok (most of the time) biggrin.gif

Haha perfect thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Nothing like a little programmed social engineering whistling.gif

+1 Set my timepiece to the second first thing in the morning togheter with my morning smoke :D Even though I have nowhere to be at any time victory.gif

Nothing like a good smoke to help lose track of time!! :whistling:

Even when I try to be late I'm on time. I simply hate to rush anywhere - even though ironically I speed liberally almost as a rule - hence I leave early and arrive early. If for a meeting, I like to have the lay of the land in my head before I sit down to talk.

Making others wait on you is selfish. Period. Unfortunately it's often the first hard lesson between myself and others, and often results in bad feelings (but improved on-time performance from my business partners).

That said, I look at my watches all the time and rarely do I know what the [censored] time it is! :whistling:

Yes I've got a time obsession in a bad way. I usually have most of my pieces running and hacked to the Naval Observitory clock. I love being able to say..."You don't have to change the channel...that show isn't on for another 40 seconds". I have an uncanny sense of travel time and usually arrive within a minute of my estimated time. To be honest, it drives me a little nuts sometimes. OCD can be wonderful but occasionally ugly.