When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Roger Dubuis Anyone?

thomasng

Anyone else here a fan of Roger Dubuis? I hope I'm not the only one.

I can only pray that there will be some half-decent Roger Dubuis reps, they shouldn't be too hard to do, especially the Easy Diver Chrono which uses a Lemania wind movement. The makers can rep heavy dive watches like the PAM 187, so why not another hockey puck like the Roger Dubuis models? Their base models are easy to rep to, no issue with dates, as all of their base models only have the hours and minutes, and a few have seconds.

The only unfortunate thing about Roger Dubuis is all their models have a display back, and this will be the ultimate giveaway. Also, the repmakers may have a hard time replicating the carbon fiber accents on the cases of the Sport Activity Watches like the Easy Diver, Acqua Mare and the Sea More.

An old acquaintance of a few years back was, and probably still, is a regional sales associate for Roger Dubuis (SWUS). I was hanging with him before I found this site and before I knew anything about watches. He was a friend of a friend that I'd run into ever once in a while. Anyway, he would always have on these Roger Dubuis watches and he'd tell me, 'This one's about $35k...this one is $75k' I didn't know what they were then but the sheer cost of them blew me away. When I asked, he'd often let me try them on and wear them for a while throughout the evening. He told me a story...he once had to take a RD watch valued and over $200k to a client in Mexico City for a viewing. He was so scared of getting his bags stolen that he carried it in his pocket. He's told the story several times and he always trips out every time he tells it. Anyway, thought I'd share. I too would love to see some decent RD reps.

If you look closely....you'll see that the sub dials are very close to the hand stack......perhaps a bi-compax Poljot might work..Val72......or a Lemania / Venus....how about it The Zigmeister.....:lol:

Edited by TTK

RD unveiled a very ambitious plan for the coming year at Basil 2006 as it is introducing 5 or 6 new in house movements and plans on being a leader in haute horology in house movement manufacturing. now if they could just get their heads out of their asses when it comes to designing the outside of the watch! Butt ugly pieces if you ask me.