When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Homemade Watchmakers Bench

redwatch

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I should get the wrist rests sometime next week (hopefully). Once I mod the mounting arm and get them attached I will definitely be posting pics. As it stands, with the angled fronts, it is extremely comfortable to work with :D I couldn't be happier. The outcome far exceeded my expectations!

Wow, just found this! Looking really good. I did not read all the thread just the beginning and the result. Are you a carpenter (and if so, how do you need three screens? Are you into trading stock options as a hobby?)

Anyway, great work.

Val.

Thanks Val!

I am actually an engineer and work for a post production company. I just picked the wood, and had a friend cut and assemble it for me (he has better power tools than me!). I just finished the staining and have to wait 24 hours before I can apply the clear coat.

The three screens are for my work. The one on the left is for corporate stuff (email, word documents, scheduling, etc...). The middle one I switch between the corp computer as a second screen and my Macbook (which is docked) - that's my main RWG screen! The smaller screen on the right is for the production networking computer. I monitor server activity, back-ups, etc.... It's not allowed on the internet - just used for internal work only! We do a lot of shows for HBO, and their security policies are quite strict! :black_eye:

Looking good mate!

I am in the process of securing an old writeing desk to replace my current bech for a little more space and a lot more draws. The top surface slides ot towards you so it's near perfect without buying a purpose built unit. I'll post some pics when I've paid for and collected it.

Col.

• 5 years later...