When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC GST 2000m

dovo1695

I was just poking around in Trusty Time's "new for february" area and happened to see a IWC GST 2000. This is the first time that I've seen one of these available. I know that this rep has been around for quite a while and though a pretty good rep, was never really all that popular. I'm wondering if this might represent a new version or if it's just some rep NOS working it's way through the supply chain. It seems odd that trusty would add an older/unpopular rep to his lineup if there wasn't anything new about it. I don't think IWC even makes this watch anymore. Here are some pics below:

post-12012-126520875867_thumb.jpg

post-12012-126520877296_thumb.jpg

post-12012-126520878517_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing it's just the same version as the last one, but I'd be pretty interested if it they had corrected some of the earlier one's prior issues. Has anyone gotten one of these?

-dovo

• 2 weeks later...

HI there,

Just received this rep from King Watches.

It's really awesome, as it has been improved since the pics have been taken: the bezel is much better (especially the markers, they are now crisp and bright as the gen), AR on the crystal and nice datewheel...

Pics to come soon if I have time to shoot!

2000M that is impressive.....how does it stand the pressure?

Like all dive watches the Ocean 2000 and GST Aquatimer are resistant to external overpressure – and massively so – but like IWC’s aviation watches they are also resistant to internal overpressure. This leads us to the third solution to the special saturation diving environment, and the reason why these deep divers also do not follow the crude helium valve route: Resistant as they are to 200 BAR of external case pressure, they can also withstand internal case pressure equal to maximum safe saturation diving depths (at least 60 BAR). Thus, the ingress and subsequent escape of helium from the cases of these watches is something that is only incidental. And as IWC itself states, a saturation diver worried about internal overpressure only has to uncrew the internally threaded crown to release any build up of helium during the rather prolonged decompression cycle

Edited by Gran