When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Glued pearl on gen 5513 insert

messenius

Hi

I bought a supposedly gen NOS 5513 insert with a glued pearl on it. Do rolex glue the pearl or not? I do have my suspicions as the pearl material is a dull/matt and not shiny and bright as in my other insert. The insert itself looks fine

Don't have a camera at the moment to take a picture of the insert.

Messenius

Hi

I bought a supposedly gen NOS 5513 insert with a glued pearl on it. Do rolex glue the pearl or not? I do have my suspicions as the pearl material is a dull/matt and not shiny and bright as in my other insert. The insert itself looks fine

Don't have a camera at the moment to take a picture of the insert.

Messenius

Post a pic, that's the only way to really tell for sure...

But i have gen modern inserts with glue reinforcing the pearl... so it could very likely be gen..

Ed

Was just about to send the seller an email :huh:

The insert itself looks right, the font and back of the insert. The pearl is my only concern, but if they come out glued from the factory then I think it's legit

Thanks again for the info

GEN 5513 inserts have glued in pearls. Check again before you [censored] off the seller :whistling:

I concur with Tribal. I have handled a few older inserts that had a dab of varnish across the backside (though it may have been added at some point after the watch left the factory), but I have never seen glue/cement used to affix a gen pearl. On the other hand, remember the Rolex vintage rule - anything is possible.